1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone was wondering if anyone has had there ar-15 lower converted from big hole to small????
Seems like (m-60 joe) is the guy to send it to??
Any input????

Thanks Kyle

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If you have a large hole SP1 receiver, sell it and buy a small hole Colt receiver. Right now, large hole SP1 receivers are selling for more than any small hole Colts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry should have included a little more info!!
I'm using the little offset screw now seems to work great
was just gonna get ya'lls input!
They are colt ar-15 marked lowers that where converted by hard times armory
guess its easier to leave big than go small and need a big one!!

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I have a friend with the M60 Joe conversion. Came out great. I would do it. It sucks using that weird pin. That said you still need a special pin in the front as there is no retaining pin hole with a slab side lower.

If I had a SP1 Conversion, I would sent it to M60 Joe given what I currently know. I however went for a Sendra Conversion. Don't regret that yet but the Colt should be nice too.

Oh I am always changing out uppers...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have a friend with the M60 Joe conversion. Came out great. I would do it. It sucks using that weird pin. That said you still need a special pin in the front as there is no retaining pin hole with a slab side lower.
If I had a SP1 Conversion, I would sent it to M60 Joe given what I currently know. I however went for a Sendra Conversion. Don't regret that yet but the Colt should be nice too.
Oh I am always changing out uppers...
I've had a bunch of stuff done by M60 Joe and all were great. I've never had a big to small hole conversion though. Another option for upper swapping would be to get large hole SP1 and AR15 A2 uppers and have your various barrels added to them. I also dislike the eccentric hole converters, but what the hell.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't even think about the front pin not being captive!!!!
Trying decide what upper to put on trying to sell my shrike!
Got a 12 inch 5.56 and the shrike thinking of doing one of my .458 might get costly!!!!
Or a 300 B O
Any other caliber suggestions?????

Thanks for the input!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's listed on the site here!
Just time for a change got a friend of a friend that's got a transferable 1919 I mite try to get! Don't know a whole lot about it!
It was for sale a year ago last I heard still has it!
Waiting to here back might be outta my price range if it's a go I'm sure I'll be asking tons of ???? Here!

Or use the money to try my hand at building 2 kits for my nephews!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts