1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a dry fit and noticed that the barrel extension does not fully seat.

In the area that is circled, the extension is slightly higher and does not slide under. Is there something I am not adjusting or does this require me to take some metal off?

Thanks,

DaveB

·
Registered
215 Posts
It may be the barrel sagging and raising the extension up. Try pushing down on it and it should slide under. once it's in the bearings check the clearance. The barrel is always in the bearings when running. J.R.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Also are you putting it in with or without the lock frame? If without make sure that the breech cam is catching the barrel extension

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it! The barrel was drooping. Pulled off the jacket - that got it aligned. Then the head space retaining spring at the barrel side was too far out. Barrel was in too far to the trunnion so the head of the spring was binding. Adjusted head spacing correctly. Tighter fit than I expected, but it fits. Only items I did not install are the feeder parts.

I'll order a full set of springs + spares + field kit parts. The dry fit showed me a lot of little things I want to change out. Once I order the jig, I should be ready for assembly.

Thanks for your help,

DaveB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts