1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
knob creek!

Man that looks like more fun then I could handle! I know I couldn't afford to join that club! Too bad it's so far away I would love to get there just once! Did you guys get rain this year,so much of that area has been drench lately?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
That is pretty sweet. I guess drone's have their uses, lol. The line painted by the minigun is very impressive!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Well, maybe someday you'll release me from my indentured servitude and finally allow me to actually go up to the line and have a good look for myself!!! :lol:
The day that happens, there will be Johnsons being admired openly at EVERY motel parking lot on the Dixie Hwy!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I will assume and picture in my mind WW2 Johnson combat rifles!
Well yes, that's where this all started. Toolman, myself, amish-bob and ABCB all stay at the same motel for the Creek*, so it began when amish-bob was showing us his... er... rifle, in the motel parking lot. The thread BFF put up tells the story a bit, and we just can't help but throw it out there again once in a while. I mean, between showing off the Johnson in the motel parking lot, then revealing the BA nuts in the Pole Barn, how can we not make hay with this? :rofl:

* No, not all in the same room! :eek:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Man that looks like more fun then I could handle! I know I couldn't afford to join that club! Too bad it's so far away I would love to get there just once! Did you guys get rain this year,so much of that area has been drench lately?
You can get the same flavor in your back yard. You are probably closer to it than I'am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bjOqQg5KJU

·
Registered
847 Posts
Isn't that a invitation only event down there? It would be much easier then getting back to the creek though.
No it is not ! The Creek is invitation only, but not the Big Sandy. As long as you have a Belt Fed (I'm sure you have a couple) and you buy the coupon to shoot, you will get a slot. I don't think they have ever filled every shooters spot over the last 10 years. Personally If I was you I would spectate the first shoot. You can ask questions to just about anybody on the line, and they will tell you what to do. This way you can get a feel of what goes on. Or just submit your application early and I'm sure you will get in. They hold the shoot twice a year (March & October). I only attend the fall shoot. Twice a year is a bit expensive for my fixed income. You can go to http://www.mgshooters.com/ and read about it and when they post the next shoots info, you can download the application, fill it out and send it in with your money. Then they will contact you via Snail mail and you will get your line position. If you have a way to bring your 1/2 track down, you can run it up to the line and shoot from there (Don't know if you have a tractor+trailer to haul it down there). Its also camping out. There are no facilities. A lot of shooters spend the night in Kingman (35 miles away) and commute back and forth.

Note: The Creek has a gun show as part of the shoot. MG shooters did try to stage a gun show in conjunction with the shoot. This shoot is in Wikieup AZ, population 300 maybe and it doesn't get 20k visitors looking for gun parts. It failed because of that. This is a Shooters SHOOT.

We try to have fun.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
shooting

It's been my dream since I got it on the road to actually shoot off the half-track, I've never even taken it to our town shooting range! I have mounts that I slide into the stake pockets of my P/U to shoot off of, but it's not the same as a half-track!

·
Registered
24 Posts
PU truck bed stake pocket mount

47lincsled wrote:

I have mounts that I slide into the stake pockets of my P/U to shoot off of...

I have been wanting the same thing. Anybody make one including a T&E, or want to, for a 19A4?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts