1919 A4 Forums banner

Black Bear Rivets

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  rdulina 
#1 ·
I used a set of them and messed up on 3 rivets, I tried the web address on the business card it came with and is no longer there (www.blackbearmfg.com) Does anyone have a good source for these rivets? or any extra sets they wish to part with?

tia

#6 ·
When you call Mark Jacobs (Black Bear) PLEASE ASK HIM TO GET HIS STUFF TOGETHER!!! His business cards have his information wrong! BUT HE ANSWERS HIS OWN PHONE at 330-503-9863. He's a nice guy, builds a great firearm, makes the only CORRECT rivet set out there, but how the **** can one contact him with crappy directions! I know, because I've dealt with and met the guy, and I love him, but COMEON MARK....

#12 ·
Those damn rear back plate rivets are the hardest damn part of building the box. I hate those dame things. DAMN!

#13 ·
I own a Black Bear and Mark is building me a second 1919. I talk to Mark all the time. He's the nicest guy you'll ever meet. His 1919 business is a labor of love for him. Mark is a one man business on 1919's. He does it all in his spare time in the evenings and the weekends. It's not his main job. He works as a machinist for an auto company as his main job. He also has a wife and young children that he loves to spend time with. So he's a really busy guy.

Mark is the kinda guy that loves building guns and working in his shop. I get the impression that he doesn't like computers at all and he hardly ever checks his email. I think that is the reason why his webpage is not updated and he doesn't respond to email. He would rather be doing what he loves which is building guns, than messing with his computer. Once Mark shipped me some 1919 parts and in the box he had written me a letter. The letter was a long one page handwritten letter, and not typed on a computer. How cool is that! Hand writing letters is almost a lost art in this age of computers.

The best way to get ahold of Mark is to call him during the week. If he doesn't answer the phone, leave him a message, he'll call you back soon. (330) 503-9863

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.