1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to have my transferable 1928 hot blued. Everyone is scared off by either the ATF paperwork or the brass in it. Has anyone done this? How did you do it? Who did it?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
A few folks here do/have done this. Some are more pedestrian/field grade and others make them into jewelry. As long as money is no object I am sure you will have success. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Either of these two shops will do the work and have done MG receivers for me with brass parts. I do all my own prep and only have the bluing done. I used to run my own bluing tanks, but no longer have the time to do it, but I know the process and can predict results of various metals and surface preps.
ATF now considers bluing and parkerizing a "manufacturing" process and shops are supposed to have and FFL07, but few seem to ace gotten the memo.

Mike Klos. 636-439-3824; Missouri; long turnaround but excellent plus work and very conscientious; talk with him about how you want it prepped or do it yourself; FFL07/SOT2; medium prices.

Doyle & Chapman 208-274-2200; Idaho; very good work but you will need to do most of the prep if you want so,me thing special done, or talk with them about what you need done; very fast turnaround and low prices; they are an FFL01; you will have to instruct them about how you want the parts return shipped and they will do as you ask. I always have parts returned USPS registered since replacement is usually not possible or very difficult.
This shop has done MG receivers for me in the past and I have not been concerned about whether they have the proper license or not. However, since you are sending semi-autos, this is not a issue.

Bob Naess

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
No problem that the MG is NFA with either Klos or Doyle. I use both for NFA receivers and have done so for a long time.

Bob Naess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts