1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
OK.......I need a clarification. For a long time, BM-59 has meant a M-1A (M-14) replica/clone (???). The other hardly ever used BM-59 designation has an E behind it. It is a modified Garand. It also has a larger flasher. Just which rifle is this for.?? Your photo gives no indication of the size of the "loop" that slips over the barrel or flasher as the case may be.

PJH

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OK.......I need a clarification. For a long time, BM-59 has meant a M-1A (M-14) replica/clone (???). The other hardly ever used BM-59 designation has an E behind it. It is a modified Garand. It also has a larger flasher. Just which rifle is this for.?? Your photo gives no indication of the size of the "loop" that slips over the barrel or flasher as the case may be.

PJH
The BM59 is not a M14, there are major differences though it is closer to the garand. That bayonet is for a BM59. The BM59 E is more like the garand and can use a garand bayonet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello GBYENKO!
That bayonet is most likely for the BM59E. The regular M1 Garand bayonet will not fit the BM59E. And you are correct, the BM-59 is NOT an M-14, it is a much superior and unrelated design.
Do a search for BM-59 Bayonet and you will see the difference.

Now... is this bayonet still for sale? I am interested!!
JC

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
OK.....a bit of clarification......again. I certainly didnt state or imply that an M-14 was a BM-59.

I have tried two different style Garand bayonets on my BM-59E rifles. Both are no goes for different reasons. The "loop" ID has to be considerably greater....... You take it.!!!!

PJH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct, the loop must be 22mm for a BM59E, far bigger than for the Garand.
And the BM59 (NOT E) is a completely different bayonet AFAIK.

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
FWIW the BM59 uses the bayonet that looks like the M1 carbine style bayonet but with brown plastic handles and the BM59 uses the Garand style with a bigger loop as mentioned. PJ I have an extra bayonet for the BM59 if you need one and yes I have both rifles and they are superior to the M14 IMHO the mags are the best designed mags out there and pretty much indestructible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toolman,
I am looking for a BM59E bayonet, the one that looks like the one for the Garand and has a 22mm ring, which is, I think, the one in the picture posted in this thread.
JC

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Toolman,
I am looking for a BM59E bayonet, the one that looks like the one for the Garand and has a 22mm ring, which is, I think, the one in the picture posted in this thread.
JC
I do not have a spare for the BM59E but I will certainly keep my eyes open for you. The one spare I have is for the BM59

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I am in the same situation as Boeing, I have BM-59E rifles. I also have a M-14, but I have a bayonet for it. I have no BM-59.

PJH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts