1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy,s this morning another said moment
several bomb attacks, one suicide bombing on brussels int airport
3 ore 4 bombings on brussels subway inside town

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions-latest-updates-live/index.html

our border from holland to belgium just closed down, because 3 ore 4 attackers are stil on the run

25 to 30 people are been killed, over 100 people are wounded
so far this update from across the pond,
my prairs are with the family,s off all people that are killed and wounded
john.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Very sad news indeed John my thoughts and prayers are with the families. I hope they catch them and make them pay for what they have done but it will never ease the pain of those who have lost friends and family.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
What a mess, my kid was there just a couple weeks ago. I've spent a lot of time in Brussels, but haven't been there in a couple years. One thing that struck me was how large the Arab population is there. The media has wondered how the Paris bomber could have so easily hidden in Maelbeek - very easily, he just blended into the background noise.

When I'm in Holland on business (was there last week) we stay in Noord, just across the canal from down town Amsterdam. Despite the very large Muslim population there, I've never felt as much tension as I did in Brussels. Hell, until it closed, one of our favorite restaurants was a Turkish place. And I'm not buying my Bulgar wheat and Tahini at the NH, the good stuff is at a Turkish market.

If I remember correctly John, you're down in Den Haag/The Hague. I never got the impression there were as many immigrants there, though the Indonesian restaurants were great.

I bet this helps Trump in the primaries today. MSG

·
Registered
454 Posts
...This is probably only a taste of the future when France, Germany and Britain start prosecuting and deporting their Islamic hotheads. :eek:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSG, no, i,m not at the the hague area
i live down south just a few miles from the belgium border.
i guess, what happen today is some kind of "answer" for the one paris terrorist who was captured and shot last weekend
at molenbeek brussels, atleast thats what i have heard on the news overhere, seems IS alreaddy claimed the bombings that took place today.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I worked in Brussels back in '93 on a combined project for the Belgian Gendarmerie and Brussels Police Department. I had a great time and found the Belgian people to be very warm and giving. My heart goes out to them. This is a shame and unfortunately bodes to more problems to come.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
.... i guess, what happen today is some kind of "answer" for the one paris terrorist who was captured and shot last weekend
at molenbeek brussels, atleast thats what i have heard on the news overhere, seems IS alreaddy claimed the bombings that took place today.
That makes sense, when he was captured the police also found weapons and bomb making materials. Obviously, additional attacks were planned. With a major player in police hands his accomplices were probably forced to move up their timetable and execute whatever attacks they could. My understanding is that most captured Islamic terrorists are rather loose lipped, as were the Japanese (surprisingly) during WWII; If the plan is to fight to the death, there's no plan what to do if captured. Reports were he was cooperating, they probably figured it was only a matter of time before their doors were kicked in. MSG

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I picked up the first reports we had here just after midnight, Pacific time. Just the kind of news I needed in my head when about to try to go to sleep. I hear the Paris mastermind that was captured a few days ago had suggested that there was a major plot in the works, so while it may be this was accelerated somewhat by his capture, my guess is that this one was coming in any case. These closed muslim communities need to be penetrated. They say it is not like that here in America, but I don't buy it. Might not be this way in Dearborn or other major communities, but I hear stories of small, shuttered communities if muslims in various places here. That kind of closed community is not what we bring immigrants here for, and this has to stop.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
We have traveled to and through the Brussels airport probably more times than any other European airport and recognize many of the scenes in this latest travesty. Is the Starbucks gone? :( Belgian authorities knew this was in the making, getting lots of predictions from the captured terrorist and his community. Their closed communities are everywhere, Europe, Africa, Asia, USA and "the West." We're not likely to soon see the end of this, but they can be made to pay for it and maybe suppressed if our administrations will get off their collective asses and admit there's a 'problem' and deal forcibly with it. Mooslim communities are all about us, and, like it or not, "all terrorists are mooselims." Think about major cities and prime targets, avoid public transit and congregation in these areas. It's unfortunate, but we'll be seeing more of this.

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to those negatively affected by this tragedy.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
310 Posts
My buddy just told me his nephew was one of those injured at the airport. He has not life threatening injuries and will be ok. These terrorists are evil! :mad:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I'm so very angry and sorry to hear this is happening. I don't dare express my true opinions on how to proceed with a viable plan on how to fix this with the current admin. in place. I'll get disappeared.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Try to stay safe and pray it gets better.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Rugman: here is the weird part (in my opinion): That doesn't work. Taking the gloves off and doubling down on mean... Historically speaking, doesn't work. You end up pissing off the locals, who then support the irregulars, etc, etc... So unless the plan is full blown biblical level genocide, there needs to be a better plan than "Rawr!! Hulk Smash!!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts