·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found in the trunk of their car. Those BAR's are sweet! KevinT

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I think I read where these came from a national guard armory where Clyde Barrow stole them originally.
I think most of the illegal guns in those days came from armories as they were an easy target for thieves.
Looks like a well rounded collection. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
CaptMax SEZ: ".... came from armories ...."

.... or the local hardware stores. :redspot:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Off the top of my head, I can't remember details, but there are several of the B & C guns on display at the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco. Well worth a visit for anyone in that area, or passing through. I have pics somewhere.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I believe Clyde was known to have modified the BAR's to fit his style. Were these modified?
Steamer
If I recall correctly from a documentary I saw on Bonnie and Clyde I think he would shorten the butt stock a little bit to fit his shoulder and both these guns shown in the picture have had their barrels shortened to what looks like 18 to 20 inches. A nice mod, I wish OOW would turn out a Bonnie and Clyde edition. I love the mods on the Remington model 11!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
As I understand it from people like my dad who were in the National Guard back then most armories did not even have an arms vault. After all who would want to steal an 03 Springfield.or a M1917A1 Browning. It seems weapons were often stored in a supply room in gun racks and in a weapons cage made from wood and heavy chicken wire. It kept the soldiers out but nobody else. The Model 11 Remington was a favorite weapon of both bad guys and police. I have a military one from WWII.

Several Thompson's were taken from a raid on a police department by Dillinger and his friends. One was taken from a wounded cop in South St. Paul, MN by the Barker gang. The police later got it back and still have it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
+1 on the Ranger museum!!

Nice pic, they were well armed!! Your memory is correct Lucky, Texas Ranger Museum in Waco does have some B&C guns, as well as photos and facts to go along with them. It is VERY well worth it to stop in, LOTS of old guns, several tommys, a couple with the FBI cases and all the goodies, lots of 1911's, even a couple of Colt monitors IIRC. Now I have the urge to go back:)

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Bonnie lass

I watched some of the show about them as well, they claim she was a redhead and under 5 foot tall, but still deadly with one of those sawed off BAR's,my kind of woman!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts