1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MODERATOR - Can you move this? It was intended for the 1919 Build Area. - Thanks.

Tried to do a search and couldn't figure out how to isolate this question (got links for every rivet question ever asked),

On the bottom to side plate mount, counting from the back, rivet #5 is ground smooth. Why?

While I'm asking questions - has anyone had to replace the trunnion after a build or is this a rare occurance (in semi auto)?

DaveB

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Dave beltfedfrog is right it was for clearance and sometimes the trunnions do have to be swapped but you can do so without tearing down the whole receiver box just make sure to do the bulk of the file work on the feed way before re riveting. It will save you lots of aggravation trust me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave beltfedfrog is right it was for clearance and sometimes the trunnions do have to be swapped but you can do so without tearing down the whole receiver box just make sure to do the bulk of the file work on the feed way before re riveting. It will save you lots of aggravation trust me.
Russ - Thanks. The trunnion and LSP have the Izzy pintle hole drilled out. Since the RSP and pintle are 9/16, I'll look to just sleeve only the trunnion to 9/16 and get a stock pintle for the LHP. That will make an unwanted replacement a lot easier.

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Dave I have USGI pintle pads that are machined not laser cut like most out there. I am going out of town in the morning for a few months but stay in touch as I will be making a few trips home when I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts