1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
a long ago I saw a M7(?) offered for sale in a homemade wood box, it looked pretty 馃ぎ.............the person who made the box took the hinges and latch and bent them 180 degrees to attach them to the box instead of inletting the wood for the hinge and latch barrel.

then just recently, while puttering around in my basement straighten things out I came upon one of the wood ammo crates that held Australian .308 so I want to see if my OOW linker would fit in. it did 馃榾.

so having nothing else to do since everything fun is shut down, I decide to take the box and make a case for my linker, utilizing the box, hinges and latch. result:::

boredom, makes you do some things that you would not normally do

don't know why the color came out like that for the camera, it's painted forest green

Registered
Great minds think alike ....I did the same thing with an old 7.62 box...It held 800rds and is a bit taller then your box...Inside the box is another smaller container that used to be a crisper box out of my 77 RV fridge...It holds about 500 links...On the top of the box I put guides that allows me to use the top of the box as a table for the loader...My loader is the same as yours...But I have to take it apart to get it in.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
below is another one I did, when I was helping a friend "man" his tables at a gun show, on Sunday near closing I always went by where ammo vendors set up, and picked up empty wood ammo crates they left behind.

not only was it free wood to do small projects with but the old soviet/east bloc crates also had these neat latches and hinges. and this what I did with it

although I bought the wood, I utilized the hinges and latches that came from a old soviet ammo crate and used it to make a weapons crate for my SKS "cowboy companion"

Registered
Love it....Is that a SKS "Para" ....Looks shorter then most.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
yes it's a "para", but NAVY ARMS or china didn't market it as that. the "para" with the scope rail and scope was called the "COWBOY COMPANION". the full size SKS with the scope rail and scope they called "FARMER'S FRIEND".

Registered
Many years ago , I bought a barreled SKS receiver from Rory's brother , because I had some extra parts that I wanted to use on something....When Rory dropped it off I was vary happy to find that it was the short version.. I know that that there is no such thing as a Para SKS , I just use that term because It sounds cool...I built it up and it is a great shooter and a loud boomer...Wish I could find one of those 20rd fixed mags to finish it off , I would even take a 10rd at this point...I only have 1 30rd detach that works worth a F..K.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
10 round "factory" mags pop up every so often on EBAY, GUNBROKER, AUCTIONARMS, but they ain't going to be cheap. the 20 round Chinese aftermarket mag, one with the star embossed on it, not so much. last one I saw went for way over 100 bucks.................which, IMO is fricken nuts, but then it wasn't my money he was spending 馃槅

however, the TAPCO 20 round mags works.............skip to 2:16 for the demo.

unless you can find a OEM 10 round mag at a decent price, this would be my choice to put in my rifle till then, rather then the crap 30 rd mag you current have that is a JAM-O-MATIC

Registered
That's so funny today I'm getting shipment of military crates after tons of phone calls to find what I was looking for. I'm getting so tired of cardboard boxes falling apart.. Good idea on link loader...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts