1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I was able to complete a run of side plates to have on hand for purchase. Anyone needing a sideplate may contact Brass Cartridge via e-mail. [email protected] to place an order.

Plates are CNC machined from 4140 alloy steel. Only the round holes need be drilled or reamed to complete. A color coded drill guide is included to help you complete your project with confidence. Plates are hand finished and bead blasted to remove tool marks. Engraving if desired is completed after the hand finish and sandblast to ensure crisp deep engravings. Plates are straight without warp or twist.

Compare prices for these 4140 alloy plates to the cold rolled steel plates others are offering. Get more for your money with a Brass Cartridge plate.

Plate costs:

$95.00 no engraving
$125 your choice of replica engraving

USPS Priority shipping is $10.00 add $3.00 for insurance.

Engraving choices:

Mfg - Buffalo Arms, Rock Island Armory or General Motors (Saginaw)

May substitute "Semi-Auto Gun" for the words "Machine Gun"

For the water cooled builders, I also offer replica Rock Island Armory 1917A1

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
What if we wanted CUSTOM engraving?

Such as:

BROWNING MACHINE GUN
U.S. CAL. .30 - SEMI AUTO M1919A4
MAN'F'D BY NAME_HERE - CITY, STATE

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aaron,

I can do the custom engrave work. They are a little more money than a standard engrave as I have computer time to set up the CAD, a test piece of material and then finally your actual engrave.

I can do the engraving for $60 in the area of the upper left hand corner of the plate or I can engrave the entire length and width beneath the charge handle for $90. Soon I will be offering graphics for the engrave work. How about a nice set of flames for the hot rodder in you?

Just thoughts ... I personally like the original guns and like to keep them true to original design. But every now and tehn I like to see a custom piece. I am looking into carving out some new barrel shrouds with flames to extend onto the left and right receiver plates.

Michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
Michael;Good Idea. Nice looking plates;and i like the ad a flame idea.
gess wonder if rapid will take my plates back.
I also see u have sunk the rivet holes too.
Im on my own with the 2 I got. WAAAAA HAAAA:(
Chewy

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Folks, This plate is a gem. I wish this plate was here 20 years ago! Long before Al Gore and his "innernet".
So far My Lee Machine gun parts fit a mocked up USGI kit with this side plate.
Also TomT trigger fits the Lee Machine sear. I will post later if TomT's sear fits my Lee Machine design bolt.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,100 Posts
Chewy said:
Michael;Good Idea. Nice looking plates;and i like the ad a flame idea.
gess wonder if rapid will take my plates back.
I also see u have sunk the rivet holes too.
Im on my own with the 2 I got. WAAAAA HAAAA:(
Chewy
Hey Chewy- Post those ORF plates on the ad board and someone will buy them, and probably very quickly. Then order 2 of Michael's and you will be a happy man.

-Rollin

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Simon,

Serial Numbers are hand stamped onto the plates. I can do it for you for another $5.00. Honestly though you can buy a set of stamps at a hardware store for $10 - $15. Probably less if you buy offshore products. Do the work yourself and have a good set of stamps for other projects.

Let me know if I can help.

Michael

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got my side plate and its very nicely done. It came sand blasted and then engraved, which is crisp and nicely done. Only one thing tho, the packaging could have been better, it poked thru in a couple of places and dented the corners, shouldnt affect the look tho. All in all a great product, just change your packaging method.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts