1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am interested in feedback from you the home builders. In the future I would like to bundle my sideplates with rivets and triggers.

Please let me know which trigger set you prefer. I plan to only stock one type of trigger/sear (aside from my own AR-15 hammer driven set).

Would you prefer the Karma metal style or the T&S style trigger?

The rivets I plan to offer are the 60 degree heads. I am looking at $20/set on rivets when purchased with a plate $30 for a set by themselves. People who are buying plates right now or have in the past will be eligible for the discounted price on rivets. I should have the rivets running in about six weeks.

My goal is to become your one stop shop for accessories on the home build 1919/1917A1 kits.

Feedback needed in order to make decisions to help you with your build. Please reply here.

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
40 Posts
I Prefer What ever U think is the best setup;Both the ones I have done are Karma but I have one more to Build.
Ill watch this post and see what others give for feedback.

Chewy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have a time frame set on the lockframe. I am tinkering with the design to bring the total cost at market down to a competitive level. My prototype was a modified G.I. lockframe and is not practical at a production level. I have considered so far ideas from carving a new lock frame from a single piece of steel, to using ground bar stock tig welded and screwed together with counter sunk screws, for the lock frame. Except for the lock arm cam actuators there really isn't much stress on the frame. It simply needs to hold the trigger and accelerator. I hope to have a "production design" done by late fall. With the miriad of triggers in the market I don't have a lot of incentive to make a trigger to be competitive with the $125 units. I can hammer out the modified G.I. units for about $195 (remember there are about $30 worth of AR15 parts in the set). I need to avoid retrofitting the unit to a G.I. part by making fewer parts that come together. It can be done and hopefully bring the price down to $130-$140. I just don't know if the market would justify the time with the excellent products already out there for less money???

This is why I am willing to stock another trigger until I can get around to my pet project.

Thanks for the feedback and do keep it coming. I would be interested in hearing more about which product performs best with or with out Emory's cranks, any wear issues and/or failures not due to user abuse. I want to stock the one you guys feel works the best. Please don't make this into a Chevy vs Ford debate. No one will learn anything. I am just looking for facts from first person observation ... no range stories or "I heard ...."

Thanks

Michael

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Michael-

I have no experience with the WLA T & S, but have always been very satisfied with the KMP. The combo deal sounds good to me.

On your lock frame design, since the early 1919 lock frames were simply two plates cut to shape and riveted through the trigger block and the trigger stop pin, that would seem to be a simple start. Not that I have any engineering experience! Of course the two short locating rails and the accelerator stop were riveted on as well. One could easily make the right side from a slighly thicker plate and machine in the stop for the accelerator, as is done on the cast lock frames. Just some random thoughts on the subject!

(And never mind ol' simon. He is just desperate for WWII bipod legs. ;) They are gonna have to be made by somebody, sooner or later.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts