1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am locked down due to Covid19, I have time for old projects.
Can anyone help me with instructions on how to disassemble a Bren Tripod? I want to strip it down to repaint.
Any direction would be appreciated. Is it in any manual? I could not find it on the web.
Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
You don’t really need a manual, it’s quite simple. Once you’ve found one key point it all becomes obvious.

If you have a Mk1 with the AA legs, take the legs out, locate the hole on the inside of the tube opposite the locking plunger pin. Put a small screwdriver through the hole and fit in the slot on the pointy end of the plunger. Now unscrew the plunger knob and the plunger (under spring pressure) can be released through the hole with the screwdriver.

Next, look at the ring/collar on the leg axle. Some where on that ring you will see an elliptical circle and you should see another circle a little further around. This is a pin that presses into and through a hole in the axle. Tap that pin out and unscrew the ring. The big clamping knob can now be removed with the spring. The axle is screwed into the frame and locked with a locking screw. Remove the screw and the unscrew the axle from the frame. Repeat for the 3 legs and if a Mk1 or Mk1* you can work out the adjustable 2 piece front leg clamp from that too.

What serial number is the tripod?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brit plumber- thank you! Finally got it apart. Actually not to hard once know what you are doing and get through the rust. First coat is on using deep bronze green ( not easy to find in the US)

serial number on the tripod is K227443

1 - 5 of 5 Posts