1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Wow! That will be well over a $1000 soon, Almost 6 days to go and it went from $41.00 to over $500 in just 7 bids.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I hope someone outbids me soon. I can't afford it. J/K

·
Registered
120 Posts
Warty,
Glad to see that it was a board member that has high bid! :D
I bid on it early on, but I think I'll step back and watch the master at work! ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
oh, don't mind me. my max bid is entered. If I'm outbid, I'm outbid.
I actually expect to be outbid too. I wish I would win and who knows, maybe I will.
I think I'll miss it in the end by a sniper though. Just a feeling. ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
just doesn't make a lick of sense to pay more for a loader then what the gun goes for. but as long as there are people with more money then brain cells, that is the way it goes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Truthfully, I hope I get outbid.
I will be outbid though. I am almost assured of it as that is my max bid there. :)

You have to understand, there are FAR more guns than loaders out there. Supply and demand rules the day on pricing.

Do you have one slowfire? Want to sell it to me for less money?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
warty said:
Truthfully, I hope I get outbid.

Do you have one slowfire? Want to sell it to me for less money?

no don't have one, I recall back 10 years ago, you couldn't give these things away............wish now I bought a few

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warty is right.....supply and demand. Remember someone posting the ads from many years ago on some wonderful weapons we all would want now at just a fraction of nowdays price and before some of them were banned?

I just paid $1000 for mine but I think of it as an investment and owning a part of history. I may have a few brain cells missing but I have no regrets. I feel it can only go up in value.

·
Registered
703 Posts
slowfire said:
no don't have one, I recall back 10 years ago, you couldn't give these things away............wish now I bought a few
wel, I remember when I bought my first AK for $150. Times change.
Either change with them or do without.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Like Dr. Smeller, I saw these going in the $600 range, give or take, when I discovered this hobby two years ago. I got lucky (no pun intended) and got one with a few belts and the OOW 308 conversion for a decent price. When I deducted the value of the extras, I paid maybe $450 tops for a clean, brass loader. That was a fluke of timing though and $600 was the going price. In two years they have doubled at least. That's about a 36% annual rate of return so far. Mine is closer to 48% :D

I bet there are a few stashes of these just waiting to hit the market. Like it was stated above, there are more guns/kits that loaders, but there are more loaders than there are members here who have them. Illya isn't the only one sitting on some of these, methinks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'll show you how obsessed I am about loaders...
Illya, I remember that picture from ebay and bid on one of the loaders.
Please email me if you still have any of those as I need one of the variations you had!

Here's a pic that's a little old. I've added a few since.

Original boxes for all but the last one.
I've made out good on some, and paid dearly for others!

By the way, anybody have interesting models or variations? I'm interested.
If it says Colt on it and is not an Argentine loader, I'm very interested.

Thanks,
Dave

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
CaptRay's?

Dave,
Did you get that first one in the pic off of ebay? It looks just like one I had from CaptRay's estate that I had friend sell. If so it's good to see it went to a good home.
Thanks,
BA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts