1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am assembling my M2 and the part that is listed as "switch" or "extractor switch" #B147461 on the diagrams I find and it has me puzzled.

How does it sit in the gun and what exactly does it do. This is the part approximately 2 inches long with 3 holes in it with sloping ends and a shank with a spring on 1 side.

I had a suspicion it might of been held in place by the trigger pin but that did not seem right maybe it belongs towards the front of the box near the top cover but I guess I could use a little guidance?

Thanks

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...253&thid=JN.lcofvbI0eOHe1UFG17drZQ&ajaxhist=0

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...switch placement

The 'extractor switch' is placed into the recess just under the top cover in the LSP with the 1/4" hole. The 1/4x28 stud is fastened from the outside of the LSP by a castleated 1/4x28 nut. There is also a round wire spring shaped like a 'V' that provides the movement as it pivits up and down. Place the wire spring into the recess first with the point of the 'V' towards the rear. Then place the switch over it and it will catch on the lip of the switch. Carefully place the stud thru the hole,hold in place and screw nut in place. Then put cotter pin thru stud to prevent loosening. Switch should have a 12-15# resistance once in place. Might take a couple tries...but easier than the description. I'd have a couple pic's...but my last 2-M2HB's are in a local military museum

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
....allows the extractor arm to pivot smoothly as bolt retracts and then is pushed forward under the recoil rod/spring. Similar to the 2-cams on the LSAP of the 1919a4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts