1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I created these in AutoCAD so they should be easily converted by any CNC machine. Give me your thoughts, I will rework the files and be happy to send them out to members when they're revised.

Ok - so far I have a few of these to revise - the 1928 Colt template is incorrect (deleted it from this thread until I can revise it) and I need to look into some of the ordnance proof mark locations. This is exactly why I posted them. All comments are appreciated!

And how could I have forgotten the BCI template!!!!! For shame, for shame!!!!!! Will have that one done today. Aye!!!!

I haven't delved into the M2 templates - that will be down the road but with these as a start it shouldn't be tough to do.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
1917A1 RIA template
Here is a close up picture of the markings on my RIA '17A1. My markings are slightly different than those depicted in your .pdf file. Notice the location of the crossed cannons to the right of the first line and the addition of Frank Krak's inspector's stamping following the crossed cannons. There is also a proof firing mark "P" below and to the right of the patent number. There is some other mark above the "FK", but it is very shallow and I cannot make it out. I have seen it before on other RIA '17A1s from the first 1941 order.

·
Premium Member
6,936 Posts
Great work Dave :thumbup: I know you have some time into these so thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Rob,
Great job on the drawings but I have a favor to ask. How about M2HB drawings ? I am building atleast 13 M2/M3's and want to do one from each MFG. I have not seen any semi M2's done other than Colt, High standard, and ac spark plug. I think Orion can do a Kelsey hayes and maybe a Springfield but what about the rest ? I think Dolf's book #5 has pictures of most if not all the other mfg. I have the blank RH plates, just need some drawings PLEASE :D

ajmdreammg42

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Dave--

They look great!!! Forgot Border Cities Industries BCI. The markings will only have one of two dates either 1942 or 1943.

--fjruple

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Very nice. Do you have them in a .dxf or .dwg format by chance?

Karl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts