1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Wow, thats an expensive brass azimuth ring for sale there

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Looks like the ones Sarco had a few years back and I hated seeing them like that then. Now it hurts more!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
loss of historical artifact aside, doesn't seem like terrible idea if executed properly. What do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
In a year or 2 I could see people trying to get that much for a cut base. But if you keep sharp intact lowers show up for what he is asking for this chopped one. That azimuth ring is where the value is. The 2 legs could be rewelded or retubed but that can be a bit of work. I would think in this market $350 at the high end, start auction $250-275. Or better yet list azimuth ring at $150 start and see where it goes. You might do better that way by splitting them, if he was including the top that was cut off you would have a chance at restoring it. As is unless you needed the legs for another and small parts you have a project like the butcher created to finish. Better chance of pulling your money out of it. With no head for the azimuth ring what would someone who bought this do with it. Ring toss in the backyard? Just my own opinion, that and $2 will get you a half decent cup of coffee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts