1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have a bucking bar that will work with an OOW side plate? I'm looking to either buy or rent one as the bucking bar I have won't work with OOWs side plates. Let me know what you have!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bucking Bar

Anyone have pictures showing the difference in the two? I am not sure what style I will need for my build.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have done OOW side plates with my normal bucking bar and just put a piece of 1/8 x 1/2 flat over the rivets. You can get the flat at almost any hardware.

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main difference(I'm guessing from memory on sizes) is "normal" bucking bars are about 3/4" tall, OOW uses a denial island that is about 3/8" lower thus the need for a bar that will clear the lower denial island.
This is about spot on. The lower denial island being where it is is screwing everything up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have done OOW side plates with my normal bucking bar and just put a piece of 1/8 x 1/2 flat over the rivets. You can get the flat at almost any hardware.

Brad - Big44maghunter
I had thought about doing that at one point, problem is my bar isn't narrow enough to fit between the island and LSP. So I couldn't use an extra piece if I wanted to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts