1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after more research and a bunch of time I now have both of the Buffalo Arms factory inspectors stamps and here is a sample for those who might be interested. I will also include a picture of the 2 original side plates I have so you can compare them. I don't think I have any excuses left for not building the twins now that I have these, the work bench from the factory, WWII park solution and all the parts? Unless I find 2 original side plates and move to a free state, go up to the factory and build them on site and maybe bust out Frank (worked at the BA plant in 1940-1941) and have him help me I don't think I could possibly get more accurate on doing the twins but I am open to suggestions.
ba knife.jpg !cid_tie_8CD3F3DAFE40AC6_198_7044.jpg DSC00573.jpg

The first photo is the sideplate knife that came from Ordnance research and the second Photo came from a plate I got from one of the members here the last is the 2 stamps that I just struck today. They are perfect and spot on so I am very happy and can't wait to use them on my side plates.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Russ why don't we just hold a Ba build party at the plant, I bet we could get a few to show up. We could just rent it for the weekend. Lol. The inspector stamps look great Russ. I think you've nailed it.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russ why don't we just hold a Ba build party at the plant, I bet we could get a few to show up. We could just rent it for the weekend. Lol. The inspector stamps look great Russ. I think you've nailed it.
Well they do rent the building now that most of it is broken up into small contractors spaces so Hmmmm.............?
I do have 2 local guys I am helping with BA builds then there is yourself,Lucky13, Fastmonkey, 42rocker and a couple others so it could be a heck of a build party.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Well they do rent the building now most of it is broken up into small cotractors spaces so Hmmmm.............?
I do have 2 local guys I am helping with BA builds then there is yourself,Lucky13, Fastmonkey, 42rocker and a couple others so it could be a heck of a build party.
Now if you managed to do that Russ I think I would have to build another.
Wouldn't that be a special build party! The stamps look great!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Russ, that second one went through rebuild at Augusta Arsenal, looks good, font of the first ones serial number is also different from the 2nd one. The 7s are pretty cool looking.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Russ, that second one went through rebuild at Augusta Arsenal, looks good, font of the first ones serial number is also different from the 2nd one. The 7s are pretty cool looking.
Matt I did notice that and have yet to decide what to make with the second plate but I was thinking about a knife although it will be hard to exceed the design that Ordnance research created. The second plate is also unusual in that it has 7 digits and all the Brownings I have ever studied only had 6 digits in the serial number so somebody got a little happy with an extra zero. I am using both numbers for the twins I am building and they will each have a knife and tripod among other things stuffed into the transit chest with them, I just hope my girls realize how much work and effort I put into building these two beauties.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
A build party sounds great! I am still a few parts short though. I would have had the cams but someone sniped them before I could put my bid down :jedicrying:

Btw those stamps look great!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A build party sounds great! I am still a few parts short though. I would have had the cams but someone sniped them before I could put my bid down :jedicrying:

Btw those stamps look great!
Sorry about that Fastmonkey but the good news is I have your missing parts covered and my mom taught me how to share (most things) you have to watch those darn BA addicts!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Its ok, I told you I wasnt going to bid against you when i found out. I also e-mailed lynn and was asking for a heads up it any more were found

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
While I was up at the home shop fixing my truck today I found a BA cocking lever that looks nearly new. No idea how the hell it got in my wrench drawer.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While I was up at the home shop fixing my truck today I found a BA cocking lever that looks nearly new. No idea how the hell it got in my wrench drawer.
I was wodering where that went I must have dropped it on my last trip Just send it home!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hard to believe this thread is eight years old and I have not built the twins yet? I really need to finish them and post pictures here but am always too busy helping others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts