1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a kit from "OO" . The one I received has the numbers 2229 on the bottom plate and on the left side plate. Could this have been the serial number?????? The numbers look hand stamped.

There are two pieces revited to the left side plate. I don't know what the actual name is, they are right behind the cartridge entrance slot near the top of the left side plate.

The one in the rear is marked "BA" The front one is marked "43".

Can I assume that this is a Buffalo Arms made in 1943 with a serial number of 2229, or are they just replacement parts and assemply number.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
I assume you are referring to the two extractor cams on the inside of the left plate. I would look for other markings to be sure it is a BA gun, but I would say that is likely, unless the cams were replaced. BA did often stamp numbers on some parts, but not the serial number. All serial numbers on 1919s are six digit, I believe. They used numbers assigned from the Ordnance Dept. and did not start with 3 or 4 digits like a commercial maker might.

Look on the belt holding pawl bracket and the pintle plate for a BA mark. Also, look on your bottom plate, underneath on the right side flat, forward of the mounting ears. Usually Buffalo Arms put a small BA right there. This mfg put it's mark on most every little part, unlike most other mfgs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts