1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I haven't posted in a long while, thanks to the business taking up all of my time. I purchased a kit from sacra a few years back and took it to a local manufacturer to get it finished. After about a year and a half of run around I finally got it back, he said all the machine work has been done, RH side plate is done, I think everything is there including rivets. I would love to find somebody local or nearby that could help me get this thing together finally. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Guys,
I haven't posted in a long while, thanks to the business taking up all of my time. I purchased a kit from sacra a few years back and took it to a local manufacturer to get it finished. After about a year and a half of run around I finally got it back, he said all the machine work has been done, RH side plate is done, I think everything is there including rivets. I would love to find somebody local or nearby that could help me get this thing together finally. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
Ya, and you can wait three years to have it build. Unless it is an RPD, I would not send it to him. I like Stan but when I ask over three years when my gun will be done, his reply "soon" has not cut it.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...several builders...

CKkillerclown,07 builder...TomT,KMP owner also an 07 builder,John Maguire,also an 07 builder... and several others are all able to build a gun for ya'. Contact one of them for good return time.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm not a manufacturer but I could look it over. Was the machine work done from prints and do you have a copy? You should check all the dimensions before any assembly can start. Do you have any tools to build it or is that the issue? Let's talk about this. KevinT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a manufacturer but I could look it over. Was the machine work done from prints and do you have a copy? You should check all the dimensions before any assembly can start. Do you have any tools to build it or is that the issue? Let's talk about this. KevinT

Kevin, I will gladly buy any tooling needed to do the job. The only thing they told me was the machine work was done in Ocala. I would love to get this thing together.

Sean

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
By all means, talk with Kevin and see if you can tool up and build it yourself, with his assistance. The home build process is the best way to get to know these and really be proud of the gun.

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Sean there is a board member close to you he goes by Flash here on the board and his name is Ernie. He is a great guy and is in your backyard and has his 07 if you need his contact info let me know. I am sure he could help and certainly guide you if you decide to do it yourself. Russ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean there is a board member close to you he goes by Flash here on the board and his name is Ernie. He is a great guy and is in your backyard and has his 07 if you need his contact info let me know. I am sure he could help and certainly guide you if you decide to do it yourself. Russ
Russ,
Can you pm me Ernies info?

Thank you,

Sean

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Russ,
Can you pm me Ernies info?

Thank you,

Sean
Yes and yes :D
Ok forget that you don't have enough post to have the PM feature yet but feel free to call or email me 585-7four9-8880

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Morning Sean, I'm over in Polk County, there's also a couple of others in the relative vicinity that have built thier own. I'm just a back-room hack, but if you need any assistance on putting yours together, feel free to contact me.

Matt
863-242-8326

·
Registered
62 Posts
Morning Sean, I'm over in Polk County, there's also a couple of others in the relative vicinity that have built thier own. I'm just a back-room hack, but if you need any assistance on putting yours together, feel free to contact me.

Matt
863-242-8326
Might be back room but I wouldn't call you a hack. You did a really nice job on yours.

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate all the assistance guys, I have reached out to Ernie and I am saving everybody's numbers as I am sure this won't be my first and last experience.

On another note I purchased a MG 08/15 today and would really like some guidance if anybody knows good forums to meet people that know A LOT more about these than me?

Thanks again,

Sean

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sean, I can help with the 08/15. I live in St. Augustine but was born and raised in Orlando. PM me if you have any questions.

Harry

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Sean I can't PM you until you have 20 post's but you have my number. Russ

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Matt
863-242-8326
Say, my elderly parents live in Winter Haven. Would you accept a visit from a bored gun nut? I love mom/dad but they are too weak to do anything and I go nuts by the second day of a visit.

Karl

·
Registered
287 Posts
Loboslanding used to be out that way as well. I drove up from the Keys to a build party he was having. Not sure if he still frequents this board though. It's been a few years...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Say, my elderly parents live in Winter Haven. Would you accept a visit from a bored gun nut? I love mom/dad but they are too weak to do anything and I go nuts by the second day of a visit.

Karl
Karl, I would gladly accept a visit. I'm not far at all......Polk City to be exact. Get with me next time your around.

Matt
863-242-8326

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Guys, Im sorry for the delayed response. I had some health issues and it got me off of my feet for a bit. I am back at it and dropped the gun off to Ernie this morning over in the Tampa area. Got a chance to sit down and talk for a while and is a stand up guy, Thank Russ! I will be in contact

Sean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts