1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple of customers that shoot black powder cannons and they have my interest peaked.

I found a place selling 20mm vulcan barrels. The front half (40in) is the part I'm really interested in building it with.

Where can I get more info on this type of project? I can find lots of stuff on front stuffers.. I want a mini breech loader.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Working on it....

Working on Onto's Trading list... I have 85% of what he is looking for so far. One more piece...

Destiny:eek:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder how many I can fit on one post..

It took me a while to get them all resized and uploaded but the pics are worth it..thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a couple more

Thats a nice batch of photos..

Is that from a nor cal shoot? I've seen some of these cannons before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NICE,....Do you happen to know anything about them ? Like are there any blueprints, or what are they using for a gas check ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Who sells complete breech loading units for purchase like the one at the top of BigMac 2nd picture post. A cannon that I can shoot off the M3 pod would be cool.

·
Registered
670 Posts
DRH said:
Who sells complete breech loading units for purchase like the one at the top of BigMac 2nd picture post. A cannon that I can shoot off the M3 pod would be cool.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great pictures! There are some very skilled and creative designers out there.
Do you have any pictures of the projectiles,rotating bands, and breech gas seals?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am supposed to get invited to the Coalinga shoot this fall. I will get some pics at that shoot and share with the board.

I had a Super neet 20mm canon brought in here because of this thread. Full length barrel.. The cannon part was about worked out. He just needs a recoils sytem as I understand it.

Gees it made the bug worse.

·
Registered
453 Posts
DRH
I do know the guy who made that breech in picture number two:cool:
I don't think he'll make anymore; thats was a ww2 20mm barrel out of a B-17:( SUB HUNTER i think
been a couple of years sense I've seen him:eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts