1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, who was it here that made the really neat bumpfire deal that strapped to a AKM and what has become of it? It was/is a really good idea and I would hope that it isn't dead. Is there still the video of it somewhere?

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
I have one, but as far as the video i dont know. They do work real well, hell they are awesome.

·
Rangemaster
2,503 Posts
DOUBLE8 said:
I have one, but as far as the video i dont know. They do work real well, hell they are awesome.
...and it was REALLY inexpensive!!!!

In fact, I don't know how you COULD have got it any cheaper!!!! :D

Isn't that what friends are for, though?!?!?

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
It was rather expensive, think ill call the manufacturer and complain i want my $ back.HA

Yes, freinds are NICE!!!

·
Rangemaster
2,503 Posts
EZFEED said:
Hey guys, who was it here that made the really neat bumpfire deal that strapped to a AKM and what has become of it? It was/is a really good idea and I would hope that it isn't dead. Is there still the video of it somewhere?
EZ... I made a pair of them, and wound up giving my "Mk I" model to Double8. In all honesty, I went to Lowe's and bought a couple of pieces of 3/8" round stock (cold rolled steel) and went home. I sat down with a vise, a BFH, and my SAR-1 and started bending metal. Took me about 45 minutes (while talking on the phone) to bend it up and feel good about it. You can ask Double8 how that "MK-I" model is still working.

I will say that it works VERY nicely with the vertical sling mount on the left rear of my SAR! Just be cautious of your bbl direction when locking and loading!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bumpfire video

I've got the bumpfire video. What email address can I send it to ? Or who will host it ? TANKER

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know your looking for a device for ak's but for all you 1919er's

Anyone with Spadgrips, similar to the one at Ohio.Rapid Fire already has a bump fire device.
Looking at ORF’s pic, which is upside down, has a hole that is just behind the trigger trip paddle. Now mine came with that hole threaded in which was an Allen set screw and a nut to lock down the setscrews adjustment. This adjustment would limit the over travel of the trigger paddle after tripping your sear.
This bump fire was found by accident and I only done this on the AA tripod, I’ve never tried it with the M2 pod. Prior to going out and shooting with my new grips, I adjusted the setscrew to stop paddle movement right after the sear triped.
WOW! With the heavy recoil releasing my thumb pressure just enough to reset the the sear and still having pressure on the paddle when the bolt closed on a fresh round….WOW! need I say more. BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DOUBLE8 said:
Yep I thought it was a really cool idea and the video was awsome too!:D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave S said:
EZ... I made a pair of them, and wound up giving my "Mk I" model to Double8. In all honesty, I went to Lowe's and bought a couple of pieces of 3/8" round stock (cold rolled steel) and went home. I sat down with a vise, a BFH, and my SAR-1 and started bending metal. Took me about 45 minutes (while talking on the phone) to bend it up and feel good about it. You can ask Double8 how that "MK-I" model is still working.

I will say that it works VERY nicely with the vertical sling mount on the left rear of my SAR! Just be cautious of your bbl direction when locking and loading!
Too cool Dave:D Was it you and BaseRigger that was working on this or was it just you? Did anyone ever send a copy of it to ATF or do anything else with it and make it adaptable to other weapons?

·
Rangemaster
2,503 Posts
EZFEED said:
Too cool Dave:D Was it you and BaseRigger that was working on this or was it just you? Did anyone ever send a copy of it to ATF or do anything else with it and make it adaptable to other weapons?
Nope... did it on a whim after seeing what he did, and realized it wasn't worth the $50 or so that a couple of guys wanted to bend one up and do some kinda welding on. I figured it was cheaper to save the $45 and spend the 3 minutes to do it myself.

No... not sent to atf... don't really think it's needed, really. 2 local BATFE guys have shot mine and said it was "too cool!!!"

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man.........you know with a wider buttplate on the device and a good soft spring sandwiched in between it and the buttplate on the AKM or the pistol grip and the part of the device that comes down in front of the grip it could be used offhand and from the shoulder :cool:

This thing y'all have created is so simple it's utterly wicked:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
weaponeer said:
best bump fire device I have found yet is your finger, and that don't require ATF approval.. :>
If any hasn't seen weaponeers bumpfire video go to his website and check them out. There the best I've seen. You should do a how to tutorial on website how to bumpfire like you. From what I was seeing you dont need you SOT.

·
Registered
83 Posts
weaponeer said:
best bump fire device I have found yet is your finger, and that don't require ATF approval.. :>
using the basic concept of the device posted here. one could make a similar device that does not touch the trigger but supports the trigger finger.....

doing so would remove any question of atf approval. as the atf would have a hard time ruling your finger a mg

·
3,300 Posts
041x said:
If any hasn't seen weaponeers bumpfire video go to his website and check them out. There the best I've seen. You should do a how to tutorial on website how to bumpfire like you. From what I was seeing you dont need you SOT.
It's really hard to do a tutorial on how to bump fire really good. I can show someone how to do it in a matter of minutes with most weapons, but to show proper hand position, and in some cases proper weapons setup in a tutorial is not so easy.

I can bump fire my M4 (standand DPMS internals with no modifications) just over 10 rounds per second (sometimes better depending on ammo) from the hip or even over my head without trying too hard. I have also bump fired the M4 from the Bipod with a Beta mag, but that require far better ammo than I had at the last shoot.

The AK is about the easiest weapon to bump fire due to the heavier recoil!

I also find it easy to bump fire the FN49 (8mm), but the Hakim and Garand take a little more work. The Cobray M11/9 can be bump fired, but it's a real PIA to do.

The V-51 didn't want to bump at the range but that has to do with two factors.

1. recoil (it has a fair amout of recoil to contend with, and not having a stock to assit with the recoil makes it harder to control.

2. the trigger on the G3 is not the best for bump firing.

The FAL is the same way... it can be bump fired, but it's not easy.

The biggest thing in bump firing is practice! I have bump fired around 5000 out of my M4, so I make the M4 look pretty easy.

My AK has well over 7000 rounds bump fired out of it, so I'm well practiced.

after you have practiced a bit (it does not take long) you can fool every Class 3 person at the range into thinking all your weapons are class 3.

What's fun is to have them come up to you can ask if they are class 3, and to turn to them with a straight face and say, No... they are all legal semi-autos, but I'm using full auto magazines... You almost always get the deer in the headlights look... :D

If you ever end up going to the Minong shoot, just ask me about bump firing, and I'll show you all the tricks.

The videos in question can be found here: http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2233&PN=1&TPN=6

·
Registered
299 Posts
weaponeer said:
It's really hard to do a tutorial on how to bump fire really good. I can show someone how to do it in a matter of minutes with most weapons, but to show proper hand position, and in some cases proper weapons setup in a tutorial is not so easy.

I can bump fire my M4 (standand DPMS internals with no modifications) just over 10 rounds per second (sometimes better depending on ammo) from the hip or even over my head without trying too hard. I have also bump fired the M4 from the Bipod with a Beta mag, but that require far better ammo than I had at the last shoot.

The AK is about the easiest weapon to bump fire due to the heavier recoil!

I also find it easy to bump fire the FN49 (8mm), but the Hakim and Garand take a little more work. The Cobray M11/9 can be bump fired, but it's a real PIA to do.

The V-51 didn't want to bump at the range but that has to do with two factors.

1. recoil (it has a fair amout of recoil to contend with, and not having a stock to assit with the recoil makes it harder to control.

2. the trigger on the G3 is not the best for bump firing.

The FAL is the same way... it can be bump fired, but it's not easy.

The biggest thing in bump firing is practice! I have bump fired around 5000 out of my M4, so I make the M4 look pretty easy.

My AK has well over 7000 rounds bump fired out of it, so I'm well practiced.

after you have practiced a bit (it does not take long) you can fool every Class 3 person at the range into thinking all your weapons are class 3.

What's fun is to have them come up to you can ask if they are class 3, and to turn to them with a straight face and say, No... they are all legal semi-autos, but I'm using full auto magazines... You almost always get the deer in the headlights look... :D

If you ever end up going to the Minong shoot, just ask me about bump firing, and I'll show you all the tricks.

The videos in question can be found here: http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2233&PN=1&TPN=6

Hopefully I can try to come this fall to the minong shoot. Do you know what the fall date is going to be? Inlaws live in the twin cities so I could maybe make something work. Looks like it was good time. I can bumpfire my cobray m11/9 the best. I can do my ak and ar 15 but it is slow. when I watch you it looks like you don't even use the recoil of the gun. I'll have to go out a practice some more.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts