1919 A4 Forums banner

Bunch of 1919 belts on the strum boards

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  TagUrIt 
#1 ·
33 for 400 or best offer..hell of a deal..aprts and acc board..gregg

#4 ·
If they were returned once for dry rot as the post says I'd be a bit timid about buying them. Nobody returns belts at $12 a piece for no reason...I would think.

Rust is a pretty good indicator that water was in contact somehow.

Look at the material adjacent to the tabs...it looks pretty deteriorated. The middle parts of the belts might be okay, but I wouldn't bank on those tabs staying attached. You can always cross stitch them about an inch in from the tabs if the middle part is good.

#8 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm happy with the belts. I do not see any signs of the dry rot someone else complained of. Some are much better than others and have no rust spots on them, others have some rust spots on the end with the starter tabs (tabs on one end only) but it basically brushes off, the tabs are tight and the fabric feels good. There appear to various makers also, I didn't unroll them but I did notice Russell and Moore manufactured ones. Whats a good price on them as I probably won't need them all( I know I am going to regret saying that:( )

#11 ·
I know I will get some FLACK for this since the price I got them at is posted but I did take the chance on them. Since it appears the green belts are just a little harder to get ahold of I am going to limit it to 3 belts per person @ $25 each including shipping, I am only going to sell 15 of the belts. I will offer a 3 day inspection for returning them(unused) if you are not satisfied. Please email me if your interested, thanks Brian

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.