1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They can't take our guns...so they're after our ammo sources now! :mad:

Heads up Kommiefornians!

CRPA ACTION ALERT - June 1, 2006

This is an update on AB 2714 (Torrico), which requires that any purchaser of ammunition personally (i.e., in person) provide proof of identity and age prior to completing the transaction.

STATUS
AB 2714 passed out of the Assembly yesterday after THREE readings on the floor and heavy amendment. Every single hunting and firearms organization in California, and many law enforcement organizations oppose this bill despite its exemption provisions for law enforcement personnel. The bill is now in the State Senate awaiting a vote.

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
The current form of the bill applies only handgun ammunition, with rimfire, rifle, and shotgun ammunition exempted. For the hunting community, this is a favorable development because it means difficult-to-locate rifle ammunition (particularly in African calibers) and shotgun ammunition (particularly for waterfowl hunting) would still be available from out-of-state supply houses. For the shotgun community, this is a favorable development because it means that specialized target loads would still be available from out-of-state vendors. The carve-outs for rimfire, rifle, and shotgun ammunition came about after the hunting and target shooting community objected to earlier versions of the bill that would have applied to ALL forms of ammunition. If you have any doubt about the original intent of the bill, let that fact sink in. Your ability to shoot your gun -- any gun -- is suddenly at risk of legislative whim.

The most pernicious effect of this bill would be its nullification of your ability to buy ammunition by mail order, over the phone, or online/via the internet because when purchasing through these media you are unable to personally (i.e., in person) provide proof of your identity and age. Despite the recent amendments, this bill still affects hunters since many hunters own handguns and carry them as backup when hunting, in addition to any recreational shooting they may do.

AB 2714 IS ANTI-CONSUMER
More particularly, if you are a handgun hunter who uses such calibers as .44 Remington Magnum, .454 Casull, .460 Smith and Wesson, .475 Linebaugh, .500 Linebaugh, .500 Smith and Wesson and the like, you will be subject to the provisions of this law. If you have tried to find a sporting goods store in California lately that stocks a meaningful variety of ammunition in calibers like these, you will recognize that this law could soon make it very difficult for you to procure ammunition for your weapon. Your option would be to custom order through your local dealer or to go out of state and bring it home with you, both of which would result in effectively higher prices. This bill should be opposed because it is unfriendly to the consumer and stifles price competition. Ammunition prices will rise if this bill passes.

AB 2714 IS REDUNDANT
This bill should also be opposed because it duplicates key provisions of federal law that already make it illegal for a vendor to ship ammunition to an out-of-state customer without proof of his/her identity and age. This is usually handled with a photocopy or fax copy of the driver's license. In addition, ammunition shipments require adult signature upon delivery, and the signer must be the purchaser or a member of his/her immediate family (same last name). Simply put, this bill is unnecessary, and it adds to the already-suffocating legal and regulatory burdens that citizens of California must bear in a wide variety of areas.

AB 2714 DIVIDES THE SHOOTING FRATERNITY IN ORDER TO CONQUER
In responding to the concerns of the hunting and target shooting community, legislators resorted to one of the oldest gun control tricks around: They divided the hunters and target shooters from the handgunners. Rifle and shotgun ammunition may still be available from out of state (at least, until a future legislative session decides to revert to the original intent of the bill and ends the exemption for long gun ammunition), but Assemblymember Torrico and the rest of the Democratic Caucus forced the hunting and shooting community to sell out their handgunning brethren. Aside from the obvious distastefulness of being forced to accept this Faustian trade, it raises a wider Constitutional question since the 2nd Amendment makes no distinction between handguns and long guns.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
We are asking that all recipients of this email immediate contact their State Senator asking him/her to OPPOSE AB 2714. Note that your State Senator is NOT Barbara Boxer or Dianne Feinstein (those FN bitches...happily added by iRIGHTi), both of whom serve at the federal level.

You can look up your State Senator by going to: http://www.senate.ca.gov/~newsen/senators/districtmaps.HTP and clicking on your county. You can then drill down into your district.

Alternatively, you can go to: http://www.assembly.ca.gov/defaulttext.asp and click on the second link from the top on the left side of the page, called "Find My District." You can then type in your street address, city, and zip code, and the screen will return both your Assemblymember's and your State Senator's contact information.

Please take the time both to call your State Senator AND either send a letter or a fax OPPOSING AB 2714. Lawmakers reckon that one phone call represents 5 votes, and an email represents 25 votes. A fax or a letter, however, represents 125 votes, and therefore has the most impact. For your convenience, we have attached a sample letter below, which you can simply cut and paste into your word processor, making any changes you deem necessary.

In closing, remember the words of Benjamin Franklin, who upon signing the Declaration of Independence said, "Gentlemen, we must all hang together or we shall assuredly all hang separately." Please contact your State Senator today.

SAMPLE EMAIL/LETTER:
Dear Senator,
I am writing to ask that you join me OPPOSING AB 2714 (Torrico). This bill would have the effect of banning the sale of handgun ammunition over the internet or by mail order. Although the bill was recently amended to exempt rifle and shotgun ammunition, I am still OPPOSED. Many competitive shooters and hunters who use handguns require specialized ammunition and calibers that are not commonly stocked in retail sporting goods outlets, necessitating purchase from out of state vendors. This bill would cut off their supply of ammunition for their firearms.

Additionally, many target shooters, especially those who participate in Cowboy Action Shooting, use rifles that are chambered in what are commonly thought of as "handgun" calibers like .44 Magnum and .45 Long Colt. For shooters such as these, the bill will reduce price competition, resulting in higher prices. This is a consumer-unfriendly bill, and on this basis alone, it should be opposed.

Equally important, however, this bill is unnecessary because federal law already stipulates that when a buyer purchases ammunition by mail order or internet, s/he must provide proof of identity and age (typically, a copy of the driver's license) to the vendor prior to shipment. In addition, the ammunition must be shipped with ADULT signature required for delivery. Consequently, the provisions of this bill that necessitate proof of identity and age are redundant as they are already covered by existing federal statute. California has enough complex and confusing laws and regulations covering almost every imaginable area of life. Please join me in OPPOSING AB 2714.

Sincerely yours,

###

The California Rifle and Pistol Association "CRPA," founded in 1875, is dedicated to
defending the rights of law-abiding citizens to responsibly use firearms for self-defense and the defense of their loved ones, for sport, and for all other legal activities. CRPA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. A California non profit association, CRPA is independently directed by its own Board of Directors. CRPA's 65,000 members include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, professionals, firearm experts, the general public, and loving parents. CRPA has always worked to reduce the criminal misuse of firearms and firearms accidents, while actively promoting and organizing the competitive shooting sports and Olympic training programs in California. We are proud to say that many CRPA competitors are among the best in the world.

For a list of Assembly&/or Senate members and their contact information, please access them via www.sen.ca.gov and www.assembly.ca.gov/acs

Join The CRPA
Visit our Pending Legislation Page For The Latest Info

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Simple solution, move the hell out of that F%&^ED up country.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got some French in you 88? What would George S., God rest his soul, say :confused:

I'm calling, faxing, and letter writting....again! Somebody's gotta fight

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Aint no french in me! But the facts are your in a loosing battle, actually you done lost long time ago. But hey thats alright, we lost the civil war and we still fly our flag cause it aint over till the last soldiers dead!

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sucramento

·
Registered
454 Posts
DOUBLE8 said:
Aint no french in me! But the facts are your in a loosing battle, actually you done lost long time ago. But hey thats alright, we lost the civil war and we still fly our flag cause it aint over till the last soldiers dead!
...This is where the fight is, DOUBLE8, not where you are. You're just a REMF in this fight, so mind your P's and Q's. We who are facing it every day don't need some selfsatisfied guy who PRETENDS it will never affect him stabbing us in the back. Remember the Federal Assault Weapon Law ? It started in California, and it's still here. You can play act the rebel soldier, but if you're not willing to put your body or your money on the line to defeat the forces of tyranny WHERE THEY"RE most strong, it's only words. Dave Dudley, California and PROUD TO BE IN THE FIGHT.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Proud to be in the fight? What fightin have you done, what has it gotten you over there? All im sayin is your WAYYY outnumbered, out gunned (litterally), and it seems you already lost long time ago. I hope the best for you guys but i dont see it. Maybe you need to contact the NRA, they will help. HA thats a joke.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're hanging in there!

Would be better if everyone without guns left! :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
The Patriots were outnumbered on April 19, 1775, too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I left that State years ago and happy for it.
You all know that they are going to put little serial numbers on ammo. Sooo
you will need to show your Kommifornia ID to tag who gets that ammo. Then when you get one round lost or stolen, and its used in a crime, they will come pick you up.
That way, crime will decrease in the state, and you will be tusted to have a CCW!
Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Ban This...

I don't want to leave this state but pretty soon they will give us no choice. I've been stocking up on brass for years just for this reason and I am sure they will go after reloading supplies next... Like they make you give you id for powder down at the san diego shows. People from out of state don't understand we are the grand experiment but it continues to fail crime is up so the politicks keep sucking our community drier day by day its time that we all stand up not one state at a time but all states because what affects us will affect you whether your a hunter or collector or target shooter or just like slinging lead downrange... They did it once they will do it again... iRighti is right you guys need to stop being so complacent about it...:mad:

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weasel, they've tried to pass that serial # stamped on each round crap three years in a row. We've (voting gun owners) got it shot down each time. There are alot of small battles in a war. With all the anti-gun laws Sucramento has tried to pass, we have probably stopped 75% of them. And for the 25% that got through, you just need to go and buy what they're trying to ban before the law effective date. Makes me wish I had gotten that Howitzer back in '88. Otherwise I pretty much still have everything others can't buy now.

The anti-guns, ROBERTI, ROOS, Scott, Dutton, Levine, KORETZ and the other idiots past/present up there in Sucramento can't get our guns, so then they went after the FFL's and made life miserable for them. Many shut down or left the state, but others expanded their product offerings of other items to meet a minimum profit margin and stay in biz and fight. So that didn't work for the anti's. Now they try to go after internet handgun ammo sales to CA saying all handgun ammo sales have to made face to face to verify the age of the buyer. I'm sure CA shooters buy alot of ammo online! This law would effect all ammo sellers outside CA as well. They should be concerned and active as well trying to stop this bill (AB2714).
The only handgun ammo I buy online is probably S&W 500 if I find a good deal. Otherwise I pick it up at Crossroads gun shows. I don't reload...yet. This bill only targets handgun ammo, but it will give the anti's a foot in the door to going after rifle ammo, which cannot be allowed. I buy tons of rifle ammo from out of state! I consider this bill a direct threat to my ammo supply line and ammo sellers across the country should consider it a threat to an entire state of customers. This bill originally included long gun ammo as well. It would not pass so they removed the long gun ammo from the wording, and they are trying to shove it though for handgun ammo only now...then they'll come back next year with another try at long gun ammo if this one passes.

1. We need to crush this bill by CA gun owners simply taking the few minutes to make 1 phone call to their STATE senator (NOT the FEDERAL bitches Boxer and Feinstein),
"Hello, what the senators stand on bill AB2714? Please let him know I vote in his/her district, and I urge him/her to vote NO on this bill. Thank you. Good bye." The girl you talk to will make a little check mark on her bill tally sheet.

2. Print the sample letter above, modify it however you want, if you want, sign it and fax it to the senators office.

3. Then mail the same letter to the senator.

It's really easy and only takes a few minutes, an envelope and a $.39 stamp. When Sucramento gets hit with 30,000-50,000 phone calls, faxes, and letters on one issue, it counts! Just like we got that BS serial # on each round stopped, AB2714 needs to be stopped as well.

88; I don't get the joke and am certainly not laughing. What has the NRA done for CA and what are they doing now? Take a look. You'll see all the current bills we are working on, and really take a look at the year end 2003, 2004, 2005 year end law review links on the page. You'll see it really is a war against the anti-guns, and if we weren't fighting them, toothpicks would be assult weapons by now.

http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml

Kommiefornia gun owners: This bill is on it's way to the senate for vote. We need your phone call, fax, and letter sent to your senator. Use the link in the 1st post on this thread to find your senator and contact them ASAP please! :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
weasel said:
I left that State years ago and happy for it.
You all know that they are going to put little serial numbers on ammo. Sooo
you will need to show your Kommifornia ID to tag who gets that ammo. Then when you get one round lost or stolen, and its used in a crime, they will come pick you up.
That way, crime will decrease in the state, and you will be tusted to have a CCW!
Good luck
No serial numbers on ammo, the bill was withdrawn at least until a later time. And its pretty easy to get a CCW in my county.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Well im glad the nra is doin somethin for someone other then themselves. I was a member, never again.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
They really tried....

They really tried to ram rod this one through on a vote to by rushing it I gave my NRA rep for my area **** yesterday because I didn't see this bill and the NRA alerted me at the last minute. They said they waived some sort of rule to get the vote out sooner on this bill so the faster people contact the senators the better....:mad:

·
Registered
365 Posts
To all of you who still live in kali. I do understand its not easy to pack up and relocate. I was a native from L.A. area. It was the golden state for most of my life, yet I don't believe its that way now. I left for N. Kali in the early 70's and then out of state in the 90's. I have fought the system for years, and I know its a real battle. We all long for a simple life without the Sucramento seeing eye dog that lives in your wallet. I am glad (at my age) I have slowed down to enjoy the little things I have never noticed before. I live in N. Idaho where I meet Kali transplants everyday if I go to town. When one comes here, you will set your clock back thirty years.
I wish you all luck in the battle for your spot on the freeway.
LOL
Weasel

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Best Gun Law link for Kommiefornians.

This link is to the CRPA and has all the current laws pending and a 1 click link to contact the entire CA Legislature on any issue.
Hope it gets used.
http://crpa.org/showpages.asp?pid=1047

I'm sure there is a NRA Associate organization in every state with a site like the CRPAs'. Wouldn't mind looking at some others if posted. Sure are some stupid laws trying to get passed. I'm sure CA isn't alone in that respect. We may be #1, but we're not alone!

Weasel, you mean, AB 352 - KORETZ the Dem from West Hollywood (yeah...WEST Hollywood) and the guy who wrote the Kal AW ban.
Wants to have microprint on the tip of the firing pin pretty much so the gun id is stamped on each round fired. Waste of time and will die in committee because technology doesn't even exist. But they'll keep trying...every year! Same damn thing. It's a relentless assault.
What the hell...ya gotta beliieve in something no matter where you live right? My principals wouldn't change if I moved. I'd sure have more fun toys though! :D

And if all these illegals, that might even HAVE valid licenses, weren't driving, the roads would be fine! My SRT-10 Ram gets me around pretty well though. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Where's the tolerance? Where's the love

What I want to know is wheres the tolerance? These guys want us to tolerate all there garbage (illegals, gays, enviornment issues, etc.) but why can't they just leave us alone. I got tired of taking there crap and started calling my Senators and it was suprising I actually got a nice written letter back from mine. A lot of people think that these people really don't care, true if you live in a place like west hollyweird you may not get the response you would like but you guys need to let them know that guys like us are still here.

As for owning cool toys you can always stock em at a friends house out of state its been proven that the AW ban has not worked and getting a high capacity magazine is as easy as hitting an online auction or going the next state over...:D

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Kalifornia...a state of mind....

TO ALL PATROITS ......either fight the soft fight now or be prepared to shoot later ! As Claire Wolf said so eloquently....'Its almost too late for legislative action but its too early to shoot the bastards". Indiana has several groups that band together when necessary....they got the LIFETIME license to carry and the 'castle doctrine' passed in Apr this year....all without fireing a shot ! I have two (2) in-laws in CA...one is a retired OAKLAND police officer who gave up all his 'banned' guns willingly.....yeah....WILLINGLY. It's a state of mind....either you are willing to fight with words and get others involved or not say or do anything and lose.... EVERYTHING. .....God help you guys....I can't shoot that far......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts