1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Kali folks get a letter from the Kali DOJ announcing a proposed amendment to section 978.20 of Division 1, Title 11 of the California code of Regulations regarding the definitions of terms to identlfy assualt rifles? They plan to expand the definition of an "assault rifle" from 5 defined charachteristics to 6. The 6th would be: "capacity to accept a detachable magainze, as meaning: capable of accomodating a detachable magazine, but shall not be construed to include a firearm that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accomodate a detachable magazine."
On the surface it does not sound too horrible, but the term "capable of accomodating a detachable magazine..." has my antennae up -- it seems unnecessarily vague and make me think we're about to get screwed. Keep in mind the Kali DOJ definition of a magazine - "any ammunition feeding device."

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is probably in response to the new Kel-Tec SU-16 series rifle, I just got mine, it has a threaded barrel and accepts M16/AR15 mags.

http://www.kel-tec.com/su16ca.html

It's obvious the "People's Republik of Kalifornia" doesn't want you to be able to use your preban mags, what a bunch of commie bastards.

·
Registered
636 Posts
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of that the DOJ says that belts and links are magazines.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup, get ready to register your belt feds......1919A4s were exempt. I already had to register my A6 and M2HB. This sucks.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Yeah, up to this point the 1919 was no more regulated than a bolt action. (Unless you put a flash hider on it.) This could change things, depending on how they decide to interpret the vageu language.

But then the feds don't even require a home build to have a serial number. This would end that practice in California.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts