1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran across this water jacket made for a Browning receiver. It has a brass trunion and it fits on to the groves of the side plates. Don't know the cal., bbl is there. Missing the booster. Drain switch on bottom of jacket next to the front of receiver.
This is not mine and have never seen one. Any ideas?

Weasel

Attachments

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Looks like a Swedish Kulspruta. There are usually a number of parts for those for sale about (and have been for years). With the engravings they are beautiful guns.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Looks like a Swedish Kulspruta. There are usually a number of parts for those for sale about (and have been for years). With the engravings they are beautiful guns.
Yes its a Swedish M36 Kulspruta, parts are out there but some are hard to find . Sarco had parts for these but for the most part are out. Been looking for a top cover assy W/sight for a while now and need a ground mount for it also, not mounted like a normal browning. Is a weird 8mm caliper- not mauser and I had greaser make some 308 and 30-06 barrels for me. Anybody know any leads on the parts I need ?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Is a weird 8mm caliper- not mauser
It's 8×63mm patron m/32 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8×63mm_patron_m/32). I've often wondered what's the difference between the 8×63mm patron m/32 and the somewhat similar 8mm-06. Since surplus stocks of 8×63mm patron are largely gone, why not modify to 8mm-06? This notwithstanding, it would be a fun challenge to find all of the parts for a build.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
it would be a fun challenge to find all of the parts for a build.
Yes its been a challenge to find all the parts for my M36, even more challenging is a Norwegian M29 which I have very little parts for excepts some small parts and a water jacket. Figure if it came down to it I could allways use Colt 1928 parts to fill the void. here are some pics of my M36 & m29 projects. The M36 needs the lock frame assy, barrel ext, top cover assy with sight and the ground mount and maybe few more small parts. The M29 needs just about everything. All the LH plates are for a M36 but might remove the brass mounting block and weld one together for the M29. PLEASE anyone can lead me to any parts would be greatly appreciated :help:

Technology Machine Machine Machine tool
Auto part Revolver Auto part Knockout punch
Floor Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
883 Posts
Didn't they make one of these in 6.5x55 at one point... I have always liked that round. I would love to build one some day.

Richard

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy said he would part with the parts. He just doesn't know what they are worth.

Any offers?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as any other parts I can't say. I will see if there are any that look like they might go with that jacket

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
As far as any other parts I can't say. I will see if there are any that look like they might go with that jacket
most parts will have a little crown on them, Im at work right now but will try later to take some pictures of the marks/stamps to look for

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bought this water jacket from the OP's friend. He had only the parts pictured, including the barrel. The jacket came out of an estate, and is not part of a larger set up.

All that being said, I'm in the market for parts as well now. If anyone has anything to move along, both myself and AJM above are interested...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
A buddy of mine has a couple NOS barrels in the Swedish 8MM Caliber for these versions....Original bright polished blue.
Message me if interested.

Tirediron

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
A buddy of mine has a couple NOS barrels in the Swedish 8MM Caliber for these versions....Original bright polished blue.
Message me if interested.

Tirediron
Thanks for the offer but the 8mm Swedish ammo is hard to find and expensive. Have 1 8mm barrel and only used it to copy to make a 7.62 and 30-06 barrels. I have almost a complete kit now and working on a deal for a tripod although could use some spare parts, does your buddy have any other parts ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts