1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this came with my gun. the original owner got it off a group by on here from ORF YEARS ago. i am pretty sure it's aftermarket but i have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Its a bit of a shame, the tripod head was a 1942 or earlier. Feet have the Izzy sand stake holes in them. I would say definitely an aftermarket of an Izzy modified early US M2 tripod.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
HMMM. I think the entire thing is a modern construct. The head is the size of an M3. Front leg steeper than typical, feet flat, pintle bushing too big and missing lock notch if indeed that early. Just my opinion. J Nice and tall though! easy to shoot from. J

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Could be, looks like an early bushing though. I assumed they chopped and then crushed the head to adjust for the longer legs on the izzy feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys thats what i thought but i have not been able to find anything like it anywhere. the hight is perfect for pulling up a chair and having some fun but the design had me stumped. i am about to sell it to a freind and just wanted to make sure i didn't have something i'd regret letting go one day.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Just look it over for markings on the rear ramp of the head. They were commonly marked there and there may be two screw holes on the flange for where the front leg attaches from a data plate. The tripod is a custom made from original and new made parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts