1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Does anyone recognize this 7.62 ammo can? It was represented as a UH1 M60 can, but the capacity is low
enough that it prob not for an air application...
Perhaps from a vehicle/armor of some type? M60? M240B? 1919A4?

Thanks for looking!!!
-- Matt

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Aircraft I believe

·
BeltFed GURU
4,306 Posts
OV-10 Bronco i suspect . Most recent use was against ISIS after being de mothballed .
4) M60C`s 500 rnd`s ea. ,2) 20 mm cannons , and 2) new laser guided 2.75" or 5" rocket pods ....... Total load out 3,200 Lbs of weapons .......

·
Registered
455 Posts
WOW, nothing says I have COMPLETE air superiority like the ferocious OV-10 (observation) plane from 1965 puttering overhead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks a lot like the ammo cans used on the CH-47 door gunner mounts for use with the M240H.

I'll see if I can find a picture. it looks very similar though from my memory

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some more research.
My best guess so far is the M2 Armament System (M60C-based) on OH-13 Sioux or OH-23 Raven

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks a lot like the ammo cans used on the CH-47 door gunner mounts for use with the M240H.

I'll see if I can find a picture. it looks very similar though from my memory
I think a lot of the CH-47 door mounts for M240H use a Dillon Aero mount with 500rd quick-replacement Dillon can (has nylon loop ontop)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think a lot of the CH-47 door mounts for M240H use a Dillon Aero mount with 500rd quick-replacement Dillon can (has nylon loop ontop)
A lot do, but we were using ones very similar to these last year for at least the left side window gun. I think the right side as well. Can't find any pictures on google. On blackhawks we are using the newer dillon style cans, and most recent pics i can find of chinooks shows them too. Ill see if i can find any pictures in my own files.

·
Registered
21 Posts
on the chinook, the box was mounted under the gun, across the window. the gun sat pretty much in the center of the ammo can, perpendicular to the can, with a short feed chute. You can see how the feed chute comes out the top and towards the middle of the can, which matches up with what i remember seeing on chinooks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is video of the mounts i describe in use. you even see them loading them at the beginning. I was wrong about the shorter feed chute. Guess my memory wasn't 100%

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is video of the mounts i describe in use. you even see them loading them at the beginning. I was wrong about the shorter feed chute. Guess my memory wasn't 100%

Awesome!!! Thanks for the video - Yep,that looks like the can!!!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Guess I was correct when I said aircraft, just wasn’t sure which one.
CaptMax

1 - 15 of 15 Posts