1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around the site to answer this first, but I'm too dumb to find it.

I want to shoot a few 1000 rounds of Portugese 7.62 either this evening, or tomorrow.

I pulled the projos from 3 rounds, dumped the powder, and reseated the projos. I opened the headspace one click at a time until my 1919 would close on one of these dummy rounds.

Am I good to go, or do I open it up 1-2-3 more clicks?

Thanks!!!

Balming

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im no expert but have headpsaced mine for shooting a few times and have had no problems with the way I do it, just like the tutorial says, I dont use rounds , dummy or live just the barrel and bolt. I run the barrel all the way in and pull the charging handle back about half way and let it shoot forward, which it wont lock up and I can still see the barrel, I then run it out 1 click at a time until it locks up. then I go 2 more past that, after that I take it and shoot it, if it has problems with feeding Ill run it out or in a few clicks till I find what it likes for that ammo. I hope this helps and is right, but Im just a beginner when it comes to these hence my above post about how these things work anyway.

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you want to avoid blowing up your gun, just follow the "parts still inside the gun" method listed below. It's very simple and fool-proof as long as you are using a GI barrel and quality ammo. DO NOT USE A CARTRIDGE OR DUMMY ROUND WITH THIS HEADSPACING METHOD. THE CHAMBER SHOULD BE EMPTY!

The official head-space method relies on the barrel and ammo being in spec (it will be w/ GI barrels). If your barrel is after-market and bad quality (chamber depth relation to breech face must be exact), or you're using really crappy out-of-spec ammo, only then should you vary from the below procedure. If you decide to use an alternate head-space method from what is itemized in the below field training manual, you better know what you're doing or you'll likely blow-up your gun.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went two clicks open beyond lockup as a starting point. I'm headed to the range in about an hour, I'll let you know how everything went!

BTW, I LOVE having stuff at the range that causes all the elmer fudds to stop and take notice! First it was 2 silencers, then a Serbu BFG .50 cal, and now this 1919 with a crankfire unit!!!

My next project is a semi M2 HB!

Balming

1 - 5 of 5 Posts