1919 A4 Forums banner

641 - 658 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
So ......

I would tell her, would you rather I spend my time working on an old British armored fighting vehicle or spending time with the new bar girl at Pete's......

This is really an easy question for a sophisticated lady...

·
Registered
54 Posts
CaptMax:

Have you been able to work any on the wild beast in your garage over the winter? Am eagerly awaiting spring so that you can get even more done.

Cheers!

Wally G.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Walt, I have made some progress but not enough worth taking pictures of just yet. It was colder than normal this year and I haven’t kept my heat going 24/7 like I normally would. I had a nasty cold that took me a couple weeks to get over so that delayed some progress. Today I am hoping to get more done as we finally have a day above 40°, it was only 18° last night. I’m hoping to get this wrapped up soon and then get back into the guns. It will be good to see it get completed this spring/summer!!!!
CaptMax

CaptMax:

Have you been able to work any on the wild beast in your garage over the winter? Am eagerly awaiting spring so that you can get even more done.

Cheers!

Wally G.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
Although we had snow yesterday I am still making progress. Soon as it warms up it will go much faster. Here are some pictures to keep the thread active and to satisfy inquiring minds.
CaptMax

Attachments

Reactions: 42rocker

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Beautiful, CaptMax. Has your scalp grown back since you told your wife?

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Looking good brother (y) I am looking forward to coming up this spring and taking her for a joy ride and I'll bring the Yuengling.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,344 Posts
Toolman203 ,
And some cheap beer in cans to load the smoke discharger`s !!! Don`t forget to break a bottle of Yuengling on it`s bow before the "launch " for good luck !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Well if he gets it running by election time I bet we could find something to launch out of those to piss the Dem's off.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Registered
599 Posts
I got an alert that CaptMax's restoration was still underway and making progress.
Then I remembered how much work it was and got tired all over again and needed a nap.:cool:
That thing is a beauty.
Keep up the good work. We're counting on you.

AZB

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I pray that Capt. Max does not live in the area near Midland that had a dam failure and is now completely under water?

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Thanks for thinking of me guys. Yes my area is one of those areas affected by the flooding due to two dams breaching. This caused two lakes of over 3000 acres to empty in just hours. The billions of gallons of water rushing downriver have affected tens of thousands of people and homes. I’m safe and dry but it looks like a war zone on three sides of me. After being through hurricanes Andrew & Wilma in Florida I can tell you this was worse! This was more like a tidal wave tsunami. Thankful to report my famiy, home, & Ferret are safe despite everything that is going on in the world today.
CaptMax

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me guys. Thankful to report my famiy, home, & Ferret are safe despite everything that is going on in the world today.
CaptMax
I figured that Ferret would be a great grocery getter for current times....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me guys. Yes my area is one of those areas affected by the flooding due to two dams breaching. This caused two lakes of over 3000 acres to empty in just hours. The billions of gallons of water rushing downriver have affected tens of thousands of people and homes. I’m safe and dry but it looks like a war zone on three sides of me. After being through hurricanes Andrew & Wilma in Florida I can tell you this was worse! This was more like a tidal wave tsunami. Thankful to report my famiy, home, & Ferret are safe despite everything that is going on in the world today.
CaptMax
I thought you told me you lived in that area. Very Happy to hear you survived the massive floods and the Ferret did not have to learn to swim. :-} LOL.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
54 Posts
CaptMax:

Have you been able to work any on the wild beast in your garage during these hot Summer months?

Hope you have been able to make some more progress. Stay healthy!

Best regards,

WallyG.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey CaptMax any new updates before the winter lock down?

If you ever need any custom patches commemorating your Ferret, or unit patches it may have served with, let me know as our niece has an embroidery business on the side (she's full-time AGR MQ-9 Reaper pilot that was a prior MQ-9 Sensor Operator before commissioning) and has sent military unit/morale patches all over the world.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
My hat is off to you Steve. After working the past couple weeks on five military vehicles to get them all running I have learned I hate the British stuff lol if I had a nickel for every time I whacked my head on the Browning mount in the ferret I could retire! Let's not even talk about how hard it is to get in and out of the darn Dingo. Thanks for the help on the ferret but I am sticking with the US stuff. I had the command car, deuce and Dolf's jeep running in no time compared to the time I have in the ferret. The next time I get into one I hope it is yours and I will bring you a trinket for it then we can have a beer together finally.

641 - 658 of 658 Posts