1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Child Molester

This is difficult to write, in part because it’s not over yet. One of the perpetrators has never expressed any remorse to this date. I’m here to tell you that if he never does personally apologize to my daughter, he will leave this planet before I do.
Chance, my little girl and I lived on Retreat Farm in Hanover County, Va. It was an absolute paradise. A half mile paved driveway, lined with fruit trees led to this idyllic place to raise a child. Peacocks and turkeys roamed about freely, retired racehorses lounged in the pastures and the Pamunkey River flowed peacefully by.
The farm and main house were built in the Thirties by the Rosenbergs, whose brother and wife would later be executed for espionage after providing the Russians with nuclear secrets. It was built three bricks thick and laced with I beams to make it dynamite resistant. A tunnel led to the creek where a boat was moored, for escape in the event that the Nazis would ever come down Piping Tree Ferry Road.
I came there to rent a smaller home, which had been used by farm workers in the past. It was a fine house with a full basement where I had a small machine shop to do my tinkering.
At the river, the owner, Douglas Fleet, (very distant kin) had built me a pier to accommodate my forty foot river boat. His brother, Bobby Fleet was a WW2 submarine veteran and managed the farm operations. Both were fine neighbors and good friends.
There were two other rental houses on the farm, some distance away with two other families. I would see them in passing, but that was the extent of our relationship.
My daughter is blind, but attended the local elementary school and lived a normal life full of magic and adventure. I was able to land my airplane in one of the fields near the house. I didn’t think there was a better place to raise a kid.
Soon, this would be questionable.
One afternoon, Chance and I came home to find eggs smashed on the front of the house. Although puzzled, I was not too alarmed and quickly focused my attentions elsewhere. The next day there came a knock on the door.
It was the local Sherriff’s Deputy with a woman from Child Protective Services. The deputy asked if they could come in. “Sure”, I said……..”What’s the problem?”
The deputy advised that a neighbor had observed me molesting my daughter and he was there to investigate. While the nice lady that came with him went to speak with Chance privately, the deputy told me that he had photos as evidence and showed me an envelope that he said contained that evidence. I said, “If you have any pictures of the sort that you claim, I’ll kiss your ass on the main road and give you twenty minutes to draw a crowd.”
Then, the woman came out with Chance and advised the Deputy that my little girl had adult-like responses to questions which was a sure sign of being abused. If you know anything about my little girl, you know that she was way advanced mentally beyond her age and perhaps beyond the investigators, too.
My thought was to get my hands on my shotgun and march these people out of my home, but there were more cops outside and I thought an armed conflict might get my kid hurt, so I refrained and reeled in that strong impulse.
They took Chance away, kicking and screaming, to be examined at the local hospital for evidence of sexual abuse, violating and probing every orifice of this terrified little girl. She thought she had been kidnapped.
I’m going to name names here, too, just in case someone wants to question the details, but primarily because one of the little bastards never said he was sorry.
It became known that two boys, one that lived on the farm, Brad Bullock, and his friend, Andy O’Brien had thrown the eggs on the house. Andy felt bad about it and convinced Brad to come back to the house to clean it up. When they did, they found me at home and thought I saw them. They ran away scared to Brad’s mother, concocting a story of seeing sexual abuse. To make matters worse, Brad’s mother was a bit of a drama queen who would call the rescue squad for a Band-Aid if one of her kids got a little boo-boo. So of course, she gleefully called 911.
I was barred from contact with my little girl until a hearing date in court. Meanwhile, Andy O’Brien came forward and admitted that they had made up the whole story.
Charges were dropped, but there was still a hearing to determine if Child Protective Services had acted appropriately.
Judge Nina Peace presided. She called the deputy to the stand and asked him about the photographic evidence. He said that the stack of photos that he never showed me were his vacation pictures from Disney World, and a ploy to get a confession.
Judge Peace frowned and dismissed him, then apologized profusely for the conduct of the County representatives. I could see that she was furious. She then asked if I wanted to address the court. Of course, I did.
I told her that if this Deputy or any other person ever darkened my door again with this kind of bullshit, they would need a back-up and body bags.
She asked if I was threatening the police department. I replied that I was simply advising these dysfunctional so-called law enforcement professionals so that they might think before and if they were to do something so misguided, and a little more preparation might be in order.
Our friends and family were in the court for support and gave some level of comfort. Chance’s mother and I were divorced at the time, but she knew for certain all along that this was some kind of mistake and supported me through this, as well.
When it comes to my little girl being harmed, I will never forgive or forget. Strong words? You bet!
Ryland

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Will this become part part of the book? I'm posting "on-order" now.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
...well done...!!!

It take an good amount of restraint and good sense to refrain from raging against stupid and ignorant folks who do you harm. I applaud your sense of justice,Ryland. Too bad you were not able to sue those involved...from the lying kids and their idiot mom,to the police officer and the prosecutor. That judge would have been able to rule in your favor without any further ado.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
I hope this resulted in a significant payday for you and your daughter, and charges against the boy and his mother for filing a false report.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Wow. This reminds me of the old saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." Nothing good usually comes from government contact, whether that comes in the form of BATF or the local mounties.

Congratulations on your coolness, and I don't blame you one bit for your position. I know if anything ever happened to my "little girl" of 43, I'd be right after them.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
morons

It becoming all to easy for cops to screw up peoples live and not have anything to worry about, more and more they seem to take the attitude that they are above us and can do no wrong, and unfortunately judges will always see things the cops way,after all they are being paid by the same people, when things go sideways I think there are going to be a lot of very surprised cops!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts