1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a group who tends to care more about constitutional rights, I thought you might be interested in this. I have a hard time with a city targeting media members at protests and banning media from being out on the streets... even if under a curfew

·
Registered
472 Posts
A reporter for our local ABC affiliate was injured and robbed covering the protest in downtown Birmingham last night. It is my view that the media being right on the front lines of the protest in some cases are making it worse. I agree with some cities decisions to include media in the curfew. It is geared at not only insuring the safety of the media crews but also helping not to stoke the fire. I will also add that I have family members that work for the local media and I damn sure don’t want them out on the streets during this.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Either the rights apply to ALL of us, or they apply to NONE of us.

This is one of the great charades about personal liberty and like you I find it concerning.....BUT....maybe it will provide the wakeup call everyone ESPECIALLY the media need about how Liberty actually needs to be protected.

If you can parse out who has freedom, then it is an illusion.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
When the cops stop protecting private property and private citizens everyone takes their life and safety into their own hands,this garbage that is doing this is targeting film crews and other people they think might help identify them.
On the other hand the cops that get carried away in their efforts to curtail illegal activity don't want the evidence out there either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts