1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ptmetals

I use a wire wheel on the shop grinder for the barrel only very easy and real fast. As for the booster a dremal tool with a medium stone and instant carbon dust. I do it every time out so no build up and easy to get out.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
to clean the carbon off the end of the barrel, I just use a utility knife, it flakes off.......for the booster, old screw driver and a hammer to get the big chunks out of the end of it.......you don't have to go IG inspection, white glove, nutzoid on it, just need to get the majority of it out.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
My favorite booster cleaner...$50 and braaaaap, braaaaap for 30 seconds and you're done and doesn't remove any metal.

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
I just use an 1.5" dia. round wire wheel brush and my drill for the booster. Cheap and eazy.
Hope this helps,
BA

·
Registered
312 Posts
Carbon Crud

The end of the barrel is a snap. Tap the end of the barrel with a small brass hammer and the carbon will pop off. The buster cone is another problem. I have yet to find any solvent that will touch that crud. Get a large carbide burr and use it in your drill. I reload my ammo and use a fast burning extruded powder and it leaves very little build up. Good luck

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Carbon

OR, you can go the original way and get a Carbon Remover for the Booster. The originals are expensive, but Amish-Bob has a reporduction that looks like the original. The repro is not cheap at $150, but it is quality manufacture.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Carbon Removal for M1919

I found the soaking the barrel end, barreling bushing, M7 flash hider in carborator cleaner (I've used Gum Out) for five minutes and a brass brush gets the heavy carbon buildup out real quick without any heavy abrasives to the finish.

PS-- As a safety note please use in a well ventilated area as the vapors will make you sick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts