1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The one shown in the picture is a George C. Moore Co. Westerly RI not seen all that often

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
these were on Ebay for a long time too. Not sure when these were cut up, but they took 250 rd belts and cut them, then riveted on the buckles. I got a half dozen or so from them for I think $ 9 ea or so, and "un-riveted" the buckles. they work. Decent shooter belts. Not really a collectible since they are cut. unless you just collect chunk of belt......

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
these were on Ebay for a long time too. Not sure when these were cut up, but they took 250 rd belts and cut them, then riveted on the buckles. I got a half dozen or so from them for I think $ 9 ea or so, and "un-riveted" the buckles. they work. Decent shooter belts. Not really a collectible since they are cut. unless you just collect chunk of belt......
More along the lines of "collectible trinkets" :D

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Too bad they're 70" long. I'd prolly get the shizzit slapped outta me if I gave a gal one. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Shame they were cut up. Some hipster has no idea what they are.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw the same thing years ago in a surplus store. The owner thought he was being clever in turning ammo belts into tie down straps.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I can see me buying one of these , dying it black , cutting it down , fitting on a fancy buckle and tounge , slipping it in my dress pants , filling the exposed loops with polished up '06 , fixing on a set of suspenders , and heading off to my Sunday meetings . :rofl:

Maybe take the cut off piece and cutting it to my hat size , filling it up , and wear it as a crown .

Think people would talk ?

Chris

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I saw the same thing years ago in a surplus store. The owner thought he was being clever in turning ammo belts into tie down straps.
Same thing with me. They were unaltered just advertised as tie down straps. I Picked up a couple for $1.00 each back in the 60s. I mean what else would you use them for? I stored them away with other junk and was surprised to find them again when I started this hobby.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I can see me buying one of these , dying it black , cutting it down , fitting on a fancy buckle and tounge , slipping it in my dress pants , filling the exposed loops with polished up '06 , fixing on a set of suspenders , and heading off to my Sunday meetings . :rofl:

Maybe take the cut off piece and cutting it to my hat size , filling it up , and wear it as a crown .

Think people would talk ?

Chris
Probably not much more than they do now:D

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
belts

Considering the prices I've seen belts going for lately it's not that bad of a price,I think I'll buy a couple and cut them down so people don't get too carried away shooting my ammo, maybe make them 25 rounds,I've found if you give someone a 250 round belt they want to shoot the whole thing!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Wonder if he ships to NY? Are they still considered ammunition feeding devices or cargo straps now?

Discuss.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts