1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to belong to a CMP club to buy ammo from them? There's no CMP range/club around here in panhandle florida.

Thanx in advance. I'd be awful lonesome without you guys on the 1919 site.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get a C&R license. It will cost you $30 for 3 years. You have to fill out 2 forms, and send them away. In about 2 weeks you will get your license, then you have the added advantage of being able to get cool guns right to your door.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
CMP affiliated club membership. . .

If you get Shotgun News, check the full page ad for Fred's M14 rifle stocks. Fred almost always lists a club in his area that you can join by mail and that meets the club membership requirement for ammo and firearm purchases from CMP.

BTW, I've purchased a couple of stocks from Fred and they are top notch.

·
LEGENDARY BULLY!
6,488 Posts
Check out the GCA http://www.thegca.org/ The Garand Collectors Association, Its $25 a year, and you get their four times a year mag,,, they also, with your OK, forward your name to the CMP which satisfies your club affiliation requirement. Its a great mag with info on the Garand,, nice picts of guns etc,, and a good association to support.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CMP is great. Fax the info they need and a copy of your current affiliate org card and you're good to go! NRA is not an affiliate org. Needs to be a local/state gun org (think there is a link above for a list). It's not like paying $10.00 on line and you're in. You need to send them the info they want. DD214, live fire training certificate, copy of your DL, I don't know what all they ask for now. Worth it though.
Cruffler...delivery right to your door.Even in KOMMIE FN FORNIA!

My C&R is being processed.:D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do you have to belong to a CMP club to buy ammo from them? There's no CMP range/club around here in panhandle florida.

Thanx in advance. I'd be awful lonesome without you guys on the 1919 site.
Join the Garand Collector's Club! Dues are $35 per year, if I recall correctly, and you get a nice quarterly magazine. When you pay your dues they ask whether you want them to tell CMP that you are a member. They are a CMP approved club.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just did a ammo buy with a vet,,,CMP ammo is NICE and the price was even better. You cant go wrong with that deal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
iRIGHTi said:
CMP is great. Fax the info they need and a copy of your current affiliate org card and you're good to go! NRA is not an affiliate org. Needs to be a local/state gun org
the club does not need to be in your state or local, and it doesn't need to be a gun organization.......as long as it's a recogonize affliated club, and you are a member of it, it can be in any state

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ouchman said:
A C&R will open your home and books to "inspection" at any time.
If you think by not having one this is going to stop the goverment from searching your home, you are very wrong. They will find a way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ouchman said:
A C&R will open your home and books to "inspection" at any time.

That is not totaly correct. With a C&R the ATF has to request an inspection, and you have the option of taking it to the ATF office for inspection. I cant find the link to it right now to give you the exact quote. I belive that it has to do with being a License not a Business. If you have any of the other FFLs for business then they are allowed to come by and inspect durring Business hours. Since with a C&R you are not allowed to be in business you wont have business hours they have to set up and apointment with you. Now all that said more then once the ATF has done whatever they wanted to (following their rules or not), then you go broke defending yourself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also if you are current Military or like us Disabled Vets, look at the CMP site and see what is listed and if your not sure call the north store and talk to Debbie they will be glad to help you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts