1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting too excited (maybe a little). I just got the CMP sales update. I'm sure most have the same info. If it does pass, I will plan my trip to the south store, for a vacation.

"An update on the 1911 pistols. The revised NDAA has passed the House and Senate. It is on its way to the President's desk for signature. We have no further information at this time."

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I'm not getting too excited (maybe a little). I just got the CMP sales update. I'm sure most have the same info. If it does pass, I will plan my trip to the south store, for a vacation.

"An update on the 1911 pistols. The revised NDAA has passed the House and Senate. It is on its way to the President's desk for signature. We have no further information at this time."
The idea of some cheap 1911s... sounds good to me. I am not much of a Garand lover. However I would not mind adding a WWI 1911 to the collection even if it means my 1945 production gun will probably nose dive in value!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The value of 1911's may lower. Idk. But I bet they will sell every one they can. I have 2. And wonder if I should sell off one if the press signs off. What am I saying. He will never approve it

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Ha! The present POTUS? Yeah, right! (The one example of how a double positive can make a negative. :rolleyes: )

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
518 Posts
My 1918 Colt 1911 was purchased from the Government by my father in 1962 through what was then called the DCM. He paid a total of $17.00, $14.15 for the pistol and $2.85 shipping. My M1903A3 was also purchased through the NRA via the DCM for a total of $14.50, $10.00 for the rifle and $4.50 shipping. The 1911 is listed as unservicable and the M1903A3 is listed as Unclassified (As Is) on the shipping documents. Both were shipped directly to the house. I also have an Inland M1 carbine purchased in the early 60's by my father through the DCM.

Hopefully the Government will see fit to release these 1911's for sale instead of destroying them. It would be nice if a new generation of collectors had an opportunity to purchase a piece of military history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts