1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have his email address. My experience is that he has to go to work on occasion, and will take a few days to get back to you.

That and the apparently standard gun-guy problem of underestimating the time required to do a job:rolleyes:

Send me a PM if I can be of any assistance. I'm one of his satisfied customers. My M3hb is featured on gunbroker all the time in in Cnkillerclown's build service adds :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
Anyone heard from Robert lately? Been trying to get my kits or build from him. He doesnt reply often and it's taking way too long for this build.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
So Nearly 18 months into this thread.....No one has their **** (kit or ca$h) back yet or even a reply??

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...bashing time...?

Although Robert leaves a bit to be desired in customer service,he usually comes thru. I also have problems with his timing....and parts ...and lack of contact. Hopefully he's not dead....!! If so,I just might take another couple days off and head down to MS to get my stuff and give a SR (situation report). Anyone else have any info...?

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
I'm guessing that was a joke? If not I need to contact his estate to get my damn kits back.
Belty I was being sarcastic according to his profile he has not been on the board since May 24th so I would keep calling him. Last I knew he was out of doing builds and had moved on to other things. Good luck getting the kits/builds I am pretty sure he would not intentionally screw anyone so keep trying him.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am still waiting on my build or kit back/refund. He usually responds to emails but it has been over 2 years since I was told it would be completed. :eek:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Another builder that has gone to the dark side? Seems many of them bite off more than they can chew.
Not a good way to make a name for yourself in business. :rolleyes:
CaptMax

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't have his number but I email him every couple months and he usually replies he is working on it now and it should be just a few weeks. I have been told that since Dec 2014. Not sure what to do? There are a few others in the same situation.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I hope this can be rectified amicably. Sometimes admitting defeat is worse than actually losing. Good luck and Godspeed to everyone with a stake in the game. J

·
Registered
811 Posts
He has my colt 1928 kit, plus a Vickers kit for partial payment & some cash. It will be three years this October since he has my stuff. Ive asked him to just return the kits and he can keep the $400. He hasnt replied.

I don't have his number but I email him every couple months and he usually replies he is working on it now and it should be just a few weeks. I have been told that since Dec 2014. Not sure what to do? There are a few others in the same situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had issues with him building my 1919A4. I work for the feds and had to do some training at FLETC in GA. Low and behold an ATF class was going on next to mine so I inquired with them about best course of action. They said to contact law enforcement where he lives and file a police report at you local police station/sherriff's office. I also spoke with lawyer friends. They said to save all my emails from him, which I did. Then email him that he has X amount of days to refund your money or send you the completed build with tracking number. If he doesn't tell him he has until X or you will be forced to pursue an alternate course of action. 2-3 years is bull chit. You should really stopped being pushed around by him.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...time for action....

OK..I've heard enough to warrant further action. Don't have Robert's cell # or his home ph #. If someone can provide them,we can start calling and maybe get him moving. Believe contact info is listed on every post he makes. Remember,he is a partner with an FFL. If there are enough complaints,the ATF will step in to remedy the situation. Same thing was done with Hedgehog...the FN30 guru....in Ft. Wayne,IN. After we started having police reports made,postal inspector and BATF reports...he started moving his butt and returned several kits,a FA FN30 he was working on and some kits he had for over 3-yrs. This situation has warranted more drastic action. Yes...I have a 'dog' in this hunt,as Robert has a couple items of mine and has not paid for them. He also repaired a firearm for a customer and charged him a substancial amount of money...not what we agreed to. I remain skeptical...enough is enough.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I really feel for you guys who have items at stake. I went through this with another builder and was ready to book a flight and camp out on his doorstep until I got my kit.
I know how frustrating this is!!! :mad:
I also hope he is well and no harm has come his way. I have been in those situations before. My dad's friend was pounding on his door one day yelling "What did someone die in there or something".
My dad had actually passed away the day before. I can only imagine how the guy felt when he was told.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
His email is: [email protected] His phone number is : 662-209-1549. He finally sent me my completed build after getting on him but he sent it sans extractor...
Guys, can we modify this post to remove his phone number? That kind of information should be shared via personal email. Robert did some work for me a while back. He likes to talk a lot and has plenty of stories to tell, but I would never suspect him of deliberately cheating another board member.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts