1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
"Chief Inspector Hodgkinson said: 'It is legal to keep such items but they have to be certified as safe."
"Unless the weapons are certified then they are classed as prohibited weapons. It will be sometime before we can confirm whether the collection is mainly safe."
"There are some very valuable items in the house. We are now working with the family because they are keen to get some of the items back to them."
"But we can obviously only do that when we know they are safe for definite. One of our first main concerns was that some of the mortar shells indicated that they might contain chemicals like mustard gas."

Certified safe? What the heck does that mean? I wonder what THAT process is like.

Family is keen to get some of the items back? SOME? They're confiscating daggers and swords. What is the purpose of that?

That family better be calling a lawyer.

Stuff like this infuriates me. Like the guy in SoCal this year that died a block from his home in his car and the next thing that happens was a total confiscation of his firearms collection.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Remember they have a big anti knife campaign going because their gun ban stopped all that gun violence so now they are banning knives hoping for the same success. Maybe they will ban drugs too. I hear that works well.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The journalist obviously got the name of the inspector wrong. This type of bungling could only be spearheaded by Chief Inspector Clouseau.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Unlike here, when they revert a valuable gun unusable they weld up the bolt, plug barrel, and render it so bolt can't be removed among few other things but perfectly fine for display purposes, unlike here where valuable gun must be cut to pieces for the children

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Only in England. You know, the liberal headshrinks all like to tell us that men are into guns in order to compensate for being less than confident in their manhood in either emotional or, say, physical endowment. But this fellow had it all, no question as to his sense of his manliness. He even lived in a town called Penistone.....

·
Registered
882 Posts
It is sad to see the British reduced to this level of hysteria over such harmless stuff. The lived with this stuff for years without incident, so why the need to evacuate hundreds of people, other than to get media attention. Also, a big pat on the back to whatever friends and family this guy had that never ratted him out to the authorities.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
The ratty remains of what had been one of the most powerful Empires in world history. Reduced to wetting their pants over pocket knives and welded up guns

·
Registered
742 Posts
The ratty remains of what had been one of the most powerful Empires in world history. Reduced to wetting their pants over pocket knives and welded up guns
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself! And to think that up until 1920 England supposedly had fewer gun regulations than the US, how the mighty have fallen!
Just look at the once mighty Royal Navy which is now not much more then a rich man's toy fleet.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
The part that made me laugh was the comment about the huge stash and how it almost filled the (one) van :rofl::rofl::rofl: Hell this guy was the same age as me and I fill my van twice a year at the creek :D he must have only been collecting for a couple months?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The sun has set

It was once said the sun never set on the British Empire. Long ago the sun set on the colonies. And now very clearly, the sun has set on the last of a once mighty nation. Rather than more middle eastern refugees/terrorists, perhaps we could invite the few remaining strong to flee the UK?

And is the hysteria any different than we hear from like minded sheep here? No doubt they are drinking from the same pitcher of "kool aid". Anyone for nation building without leaving home?

As with Toolman I noticed his collection almost filled a van....haha & their Secretary of Defense showed up? What they are that short on knifes, bayonets, ammunition, and relics?

·
Registered
617 Posts
"Hundreds of residents had only moments to evacuate" (????) from a deactivated collection that had been there safely for YEARS!
Very Sad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts