1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going price for a COLT 1911 , 45 acp , ARMY MODEL / US GOVERNMENT PROP. , manufactured in 1918 looks to be in good shape.

just looking for some guide lines on the price

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Depends on alot, original finish, original parts, how loose frame/slide is and so on. I used to collect them but that was several yrs back, they can bring a nice chunk of change if original.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Hard to tell. . .

Anywhere from $500.00 to $2,500.00 depending upon all the items mentioned above by Double8, plus a few more. This is where an honest, knowledgable dealer like Jim Supica at www.armchairgunshow.com or Marc Wade and John Spangler at www.oldguns.net are invaluable. For a modest fee they will give you a detailed appraisal. This is an area where you can really get skinned if you aren't very careful. :eek:

·
Watercooled Addict
2,092 Posts
Talk to the guys on the 1911a1 forum and post some pics. They will be most helpful. Watch out for the guy whose last name begins with Spang in the previous post. He accused me of having a counterfiet 1911. I later sold that very gun for mid 5 figures to a very knowlegable collector. He is the type to offer opinions very loud in public places and he, in my eyes, is not worth speaking to. If I am not sure what something is I sure dont obnoxiously bash it to everyone I come in contact with. Just my $.02
Here is a great place to start.

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts