1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...(drooling)....

WOW...!! Just the loader and spare parts kit are outstanding. Would not be supprised if this gun had never been fired. It would have been a heck of a choice a few years ago...when I had the bucks....armor or gun...? (see avatar)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
What an extremely nice piece. Wish I had that kind of disposable cash. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Can't beat that pedigree!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I know of several other factory MG38s, but so far only one original MG38B in the NFRTR. This onion appears to have been parked at some point, and being a commercial contract gun from Colt, it would probably have been blued originally. Colt sold a lot of MG s in all sorts of calibers. Dolf's book probably has the stats on how many went to Argentina.
Dolf and partner, Fred Kasse, had an MG and MG parts business called ARPAC out of CA for quite a few years. I used to get their flyers which had lots of really good vintage parts and every once in a while, there would be some MGs offered. I don't recall which flyers had the ad in the early nineties, 1993 if I recall, but he offered an MG38B with some accessories for $12,500.00! There was a pic in the ad, but the pages were mimeographed so it was mostly a smudge. Quite a temptation, of course, but extreme price. Someone bought it.......Trashed out registeredMG08s could be had for $800 and C+R 1917A1s for $3k and less.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
....Dolf and partner, Fred Kasse, had an MG and MG parts business called ARPAC out of CA for quite a few years.....
I did some business with Dolf back then too. I believe his partner's name was Bert Jacques? I also did business with Fred Kasse. He had FAKTS in Houston, I don't think he was a partner with Dolf.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
>I did some business with Dolf back then too. I believe his partner's name was Bert Jacques? I also did business with Fred Kasse.<

Yes, sorry, that is correct, I lose track of this stuff after a while. It was Jacques who was his partner in ARPAC. Dolf had lot of dealings with Fred, too, and still talks about him.

·
Registered
229 Posts
>I did some business with Dolf back then too. I believe his partner's name was Bert Jacques? I also did business with Fred Kasse.<

Yes, sorry, that is correct, I lose track of this stuff after a while. It was Jacques who was his partner in ARPAC. Dolf had lot of dealings with Fred, too, and still talks about him.
Back in 84-85 is when I had the chance to meet Dolf and it was at Fred Kasse's shop Phoenix Armory. I purchased my first beltfed a Colt Commercial from Fred. I had the chance to meet a lot of other MG enthusist in the area. I know some are no longer with us. I heard some stories but have not tried to verify them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts