1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Everyone, make sure you go to your account PRIVACY settings and change everything to either "Members Only" or "Nobody". The default view is anyone, even non-members can view your profile and other things.

The link below should take you to your Privacy settings panel

1919 A4 Forums

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just what the heck is up with these 3 inch circles blocking the content on the right side of the screen? Every time I go to a thread they appear from top to bottom and cover up part of the screen so I can't read the replies on that edge? WTF?
Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was quite comfortable with the older format as most of us were. It was easily navigable and was actually able to quickly check in and navigate the site Before my first cup of coffee in the morning. Now even after the second cup of coffee I'm struggling to learn this new format. I know it won't revert back to the older format however, I know I'll be spending much less time on the forum now as it eats up too much of my time just trying to get to where I want to go and it seems to actually be "A WORK IN PROGRESS" and we all know that means "Beta".
My first post to the newly formatted forum after multiple visits and hours spent navigating it.
Let's see if this post makes it shall we?
OK, just learned how to Edit. Next... no Delete feature?
Frank in GA.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I saw the comments on editing and deleting posts, so I thought I'd try editing the post I made earlier in this thread. I get this error.

I haven't edited a post in quite some time. I will say however that I like the drag and drop for photos, and the fact you can drag them within your post as well.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Just what the heck is up with these 3 inch circles blocking the content on the right side of the screen? Every time I go to a thread they appear from top to bottom and cover up part of the screen so I can't read the replies on that edge? WTF?
Mike--Mustangman7
I'm not seeing those. Only some cartoonish gray "bullet holes" at top of page.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well I have not been smoking any crack or pot so I know that what I am seeing is actually there and it is making it impossible for me to read the right side of any reply. It is nuts!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Didn't say they weren't there, just that I'm not seeing them. That's bizarre! I'm on computer too, Win10/Firefox.

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am probably just missing it, but why is it when I respond to a post , does the post then not appear in the "NEW" list ? I h ve troulble finding it . Also, is there a "my content" list that shows the posts I have commented on ?
NEW is for new unread posts. If you just posted there you have already read it.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

You might be interested in the "following" page as well.

How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It looks like you are using Internet Explorer.

Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mike--Mustangman7
Are you using Internet Explorer?

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Are you using Internet Explorer?

- Cricket
Yes I am. You changed everything and now you expect everyone else to change for you? Why couldn't you just leave this site alone? It was one of the most user friendly sites I have ever been on and now I am ready to walk away from this insanity!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I was also using internet explorer and had to start using chrome just to get on here. I hate using chrome because it is not friendly to us older guys that are stuck in our ways. I miss the old site also and will more than likely be spending much less time here.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So I hope the bean counters who decided this change was good can still pat themselves on the back when this site dies because everyone hated the changes and just left! Killing a perfectly good forum must make sense to someone however that someone is NOT ME!

MIke--Mustangman7

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Where's the damn CANCEL button? I want to cancel a post but every time I come back to this thread there is my post that I started but changed my mind.

Here is my post I guess.

This XenForo software is ****.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
What is the delay for items to show up as NEW?

I post here. Browse a few other threads, click the NEW button. This thread does not appear.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It won't show up as new to you, they say you've been there so it is not new?? This is a pain in the ass I've spent hours trying to figure this **** out. What I have come up with is to go back and forth from "New" and "following" located in the pulldown menu on your avatar

21 - 40 of 139 Posts