1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
It won't show up as new to you, they say you've been there so it is not new?? This is a pain in the ass I've spent hours trying to figure this **** out. What I have come up with is to go back and forth from "New" and "following" located in the pulldown menu on your avatar
Ohhh... I guess that makes sense, though other forum software doesn't work that way. Thanks for the explanation!

Warning to those that hate this new format: These guys also bought Gunboards. Just wait for the backlash when they F**K up that forum!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
See my reply in your original post - click on 3 vertical dots at top right of post you want to edit or delete.
No delete. Apparently we're not allowed to have that feature because "it would cause confusion".

OOOOKAY.

It's been a feature here for YEARS.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The site looks much better when you are either high on crack or absolutely drunk on your butt! I knew there would be a solution ....

They could have upgraded the site software without changing the look and feel. You must look at your site profile and update your preferences!! Understand what the new defaults are (if you can).

I think some of these defaults should be set as disabled and allow you to enable them. But no, you guys know what is best. What tracking is now being done on site members, are you now selling our analytics??

No not a better experience, another example of taking something clean and simple and adding unnecessary and unwanted functionality, don't care what management thinks, yes I can use but doubt I will like.

Look at most any software whether check book register, word processor, or spreadsheet. The simple software from 30 years ago provides most of the functionality that 98% of the people needed and wanted. Now we have bloated, unnecessary feature rich PUTAK software applications and websites across the industry. Yup, I spent 15 years as a software developer now all it is about is big business wanting to make money and sell your information.

I follow the KISS principle, Keep It Simple STUPID.

End of rant ....

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
No delete. Apparently we're not allowed to have that feature because "it would cause confusion".

OOOOKAY.

It's been a feature here for YEARS.
Could have sworn it said edit & delete yesterday, and like on other sites, but noooooo - edit & REPORT. Be careful what you say or you might get REPORTED!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm with Frank on all of this. But I can tell you that my assigned 1919 avatar - a big pink letter is seriously messing with my manhood. If you dont change it I'm going to post a picture of my cock in protest.

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm with Frank on all of this. But I can tell you that my assigned 1919 avatar - a big pink letter is seriously messing with my manhood. If you dont change it I'm going to post a picture of my cock in protest.
It defaults randomly if you don't add an avatar. Simply add an avatar.

- Cricket

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw the comments on editing and deleting posts, so I thought I'd try editing the post I made earlier in this thread. I get this error. View attachment 98116

I haven't edited a post in quite some time. I will say however that I like the drag and drop for photos, and the fact you can drag them within your post as well.
I still get the same message when trying to edit something. I have not yet actually edited a message...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I didn't like it when the site format changed several yrs ago. Got used to it but never really liked it. I'm not at all a big poster but a fairly frequent (few times a week) looker/reader. This format really bites. I'll try to bumble around it some more but doubt I'll be back much.... Don't understand change just for the sake of change.
:confused:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
How about stopping the damn flashing adds on the right side of the screen....I know that buying the site is just another way to push this crap and make money , but you don't have to be so "In your Face" about it....The new owners don't give a DAMN about what this site was created for.....Most of the adds have nothing to do with Guns....Never thought I would say it ….But I think it time for me to go....I will only use this site to sell stuff , since that seems to be the new mission of this site.....It a damn shame!...….GUNNER 50

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback.

That being said, this site is supported by ads.

As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here.

As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback.

- Cricket
So WHY could you not just put the ads in and leave the website alone without destroying it and having nobody left to read those ads that you so much need to have? Without people to see the ads you have no need for the ads! And this new forum is going to force a HUGE drop in members who can't stand this new fangled garbage!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

- Cricket

What good is a forum if your changes cause the members to leave?

What good are ads that offer products your forum members are not interested in buying? Eventually those paying for the ads will figure that out.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
[QUOTE="Admin2,

- Cricket
[/QUOTE]
I understand that.....The concept is not lost on me....This site used to be supported by the members....Those willing to give ,to support what they loved about the site....It's not so much the adds themselves that bother me , rather the fact that they punch you in the face....I also see that if you pay the $20 fee the adds will be less , well , "In your face"......That's what I call a "Shakedown".....But ,that might be just me , and my unwillingness to accept change...Forced or otherwise ….Hell , I still use a 7 year old Flip Phone …..And I am sure there will be an add popping up shortly trying to sell me a new one , based on my keystrokes .

·
Registered
96 Posts
and you can also download adblockers to remove the ads. Some work, some don't. You must choose.

Frank

41 - 60 of 139 Posts