1919 A4 Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

@Admin2
Many times I tried and something happened but no reply test box popped up as you said. But then I gave up and scrolled down to the bottom of the page and there it was. Also thank you for the updated lesson on BBCode use. .

Thanks Andrew again for you help to my disinclined rescue.

Now all I need is an avatar thingy with a big pink R and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Add a picture! It's about time you do. 🙂

My picture of Hobbes from the Calvin and Hobbes comic is 90x90 pixels. Seems to fit well.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I am still trying to figure all this out maybe my grandchildren can teach me?

·
11,094 Posts
Don’t worry Russ, the young are passing you up. They’ll be leaving diapers and you’ll be getting them for yourself! 😂😂😂

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, then click to choose your file.

Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
@Admin2

Next question since I have pointed back to the other thread twice and you've not answered.

What happened to these four sections of the forum? (see picture below)

View attachment 98390
We are looking into this for you.
@Admin2

Any status change on this? This request has aged 7 days.

Here is another example of content that was in the TUTORIALS that is now lost (the links in this thread below)

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved. I do know that it was reported and a ticket was created for it.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
31 Posts
Just FYI, for the old tutorials I will try to boot up the old server and recover them but it takes some time (it's buried in a pile). If I re-purposed the hard drives it may not boot.

Richard

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Great a NEW FEATURE - You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days - Why NOT????

Perhaps you want to correct a mistake, add new information, or marked items sold ......

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The developers are still working with the editing feature.

- Cricket
That's not an editing feature. That is a forum limitation that is set in the forum preferences.

Can you have someone look at that that has the ability to make changes?

This has nothing to do with "the developers"

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
That's not an editing feature. That is a forum limitation that is set in the forum preferences.

Can you have someone look at that that has the ability to make changes?

This has nothing to do with "the developers"
There is a bug within the actual feature. It has been reported.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
When you try and delete a picture on an older existing post which has more than 10 pictures on it, you get a message of "You may only attach 10 files." and it won't let you delete one or more pictures. REALLY, where's that pesky Cricket?

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
When you try and delete a picture on an older existing post which has more than 10 pictures on it, you get a message of "You may only attach 10 files." and it won't let you delete one or more pictures. REALLY, where's that pesky Cricket?
I'm right here, but there is still a bug related to editing older posts. ;)

If you want to reach out to me by private message I may be able to help with the post you are having issues with.

- Cricket

121 - 139 of 139 Posts