1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to priority shift, ill be listing a ton of milsurp weapons, my beloved ohio ordnance bar, t&s mfg saginaw 1919, 1919 accesories, bar accesories ect ect. stay tuned, and ill be listing stuff as I inventory.

:help:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Sorry to hear that embalmer, hopefully it was your decision and you were not forced into a sale.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Ouch! I went through something like this with my milsurp rifle collection to finance two years of gunsmith school, tools and equipment. Hopefully your reasons are as benign.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that embalmer, hopefully it was your decision and you were not forced into a sale.
CaptMax
trying to upgrade standard of living for my family. got alot of $$ tied up, that can be sorely used to upgrade living dwelling

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
trying to upgrade standard of living for my family. got alot of $$ tied up, that can be sorely used to upgrade living dwelling
Completely understandable.
I hope to lower my standard of living and purchase more firearms myself.
Maybe beltfedfrog can find me some swamp land in Florida.
I can live in my Ferret there and be safe from the pythons. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Been there, done that. Easy to have a lot of $ tied up in this hobby but can beat putting in the bank. Sold my OO BAR to Lobo's Landing many moons ago and on my list to replace!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
if it wasn't for the cost of shipping which breaks the deal for most people , I'd get rid of all my extra stuff tomorrow. ... only to spend it all on WWI pistols.

which would save me tremendous space.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't feel bad Im doing the same thing.....when you have a room full of builds you will never build its time to sell. When you wake up and say gosh I could sell 20 kits and buy that mustang I always wanted.....kits in a box....vs....pedal under my foot...lifes too short....!

due to priority shift, ill be listing a ton of milsurp weapons, my beloved ohio ordnance bar, t&s mfg saginaw 1919, 1919 accesories, bar accesories ect ect. stay tuned, and ill be listing stuff as I inventory.

:help:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I would also be interested in the BAR. I sold my restored Ford Woodie station wagon to help fund a two story addition a number of years ago. Priorities count, you can always find a another nice car or gun.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes priorities are important, and a happy wife is a happy life.
But in my experience of owning the big house (still have it) the hot rod Camaro (sold it) and belt fed guns (have most), just remember what makes you the most money.
Everyone needs a home and a firearm for protection, but do take a moment to realize what is and has been going up in value while most others are falling.
CaptMax

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
CaptMax SEZ: "Yes priorities are important, and a happy wife is a happy life.... but do take a moment to realize what is and has been going up in value while most others are falling."

True, and remember the saying "You can always trade an old 44 for a new 22!" :icon23:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1919 and accessories dug out and listed individually thus far listed here.

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?54586-WTS-T-amp-S-MFG-Saginaw-1919a4-amp-accessories

Bar and accessories

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?54587-WTS-Ohio-Ordnance-1918A3-bar-collection

I'll be listing guns and other do Dads here

Eddystone 1917
Repro k98 high turret sniper
Early inland m1 carbine 100% original or 99% as front sight think may be replaced
1903 springfield mix master
Auto ordnance thompson m1 semi auto
Ati stg44
Mossberg 44us b us property marked

·
Registered
742 Posts
Don't feel bad embalmer, I had to sell off my collection some years back due to financial commitments that savings just would not cover including my younger sons college expenses. I had at one time, 14 ea Allied Armament 1919a4s (eight of which were bought on an end of run deal for just under $900 each!) including 2ea of their 18" 'Shorties', 2ea Ohio Rapid Fire a6s, an early OOW a4 (Serial #00081!), an Allied Armament 1917a1 and M37, MMC 1910 maxim, MMC MG13, 3ea MMC Madsens (really kicking myself for selling these!), SMG Guns DP28, DPM 7 MKII BREN, OOW 1918a3, Hedge Hog FN30 7 FN38! All gone now, and given my current financial situation with a modest retirement hopefully coming in four years combined with the fact that a lot of these manufactures have either closed down or moved on to other things, combined with the increase in prices and the general scarcity of parts kits means that there is little chance of getting to together my collection ever again short of winning the lottery, but that is life, easy come, hard go! The only thing I have been able to do to get something back together is to buy another 1918a3, which I'm hanging onto tenaciously, now if I only hadn't sold those 4000 rounds of ought 6! You do what you have to do.

P.S. I also had 3ea Breda 37 kits including the AA kit and two loaders, a really nice Breda 30 kit... and drum roll please, a nice Aussie Vickers kit with internals done by Lonnie Ingram including two lock assemblies! :jedicrying:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
BTDT... sold 2 early ORF A4's and another i put together on a very nice 100% plate ( been 8 years) ... i look at kit prices now and want to cry.

just now rounding off my enfield collection and the purchase of an 1918A3 last year kinda satiated my feelings of loss.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My 401K has dropped about 50% in the last twenty years, my home value hasn't risen except for taxing purposes, and the stocks I own haven't done squat, but my gun collection has more than doubled and the ammo hoard has done even better. If I knew then what I know now I would have mortgaged my home (again) and invested even more into quality firearms. Just saying. Hell I am still considering paying the penalties of early withdrawal from my 401k and investing that into firearms. I have found nothing better to invest my time or money into than the hobby I love so much!!! I know some guys who bought pallets of parts kits only to quadruple their investment in under ten years. Just look at the prices of full auto firearms and you'll see they outperform any other investment there is, period. Even my wife won't argue with me anymore on that, but she may when I bring home the Ferret. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If I knew then what I know now I would have mortgaged my home (again) and invested even more into quality firearms.

i would have gotten a personal loan at a super low rate, bought a pile of MG's and a safe and paid it all off in a year.
HI-Capacity crystal balls were banned a long long time ago.

silver lining, if I needed $$$$$$$$$$ right now I could probably generate $10-20K in a month on selling stuff without touching my nfa guns. the thought does cross my mind, get 100% out of debt (other than the house) but ... some things i own, the chance of getting them again are greater than a giraffe gettin knocked up by a penguin.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
i would have gotten a personal loan at a super low rate, bought a pile of MG's and a safe and paid it all off in a year.
HI-Capacity crystal balls were banned a long long time ago.

silver lining, if I needed $$$$$$$$$$ right now I could probably generate $10-20K in a month on selling stuff without touching my nfa guns. the thought does cross my mind, get 100% out of debt (other than the house) but ... some things i own, the chance of getting them again are greater than a giraffe gettin knocked up by a penguin.
Yes, very well put SlugCatcher.
Selling a few items did help me buy the ferret. :rolleyes:
CaptMax

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, very well put SlugCatcher.
Selling a few items did help me buy the ferret. :rolleyes:
CaptMax
I think I would sell some of my collection as well to get a ferret if the opportunity arose. A friend recently bought a Saliden (big brother to a Ferret) and it got me thinking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts