1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on someone who can convert my 1919a4 from semi auto to a post sample? Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Do you have demo letter ? Because While I or any number of folks can convert it, you can't get it back unless you have a LEA Demo letter for the transfer back to you.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If you have a demo letter, I can just sell you a post sample. I have several here left from back when were making these in the 90s.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm not sure what your intentions are. Your semi-auto should be worth more with a better resale value, because of a bigger market. That being said you can buy a conversion bolt that you can switch out. The bolt is the machine gun. This way you can switch it back to semi for resale latter. You are a 07/02 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not a 07/02. I'm getting a complete semi auto and all parts needed to make it full auto. I'm not sure what it all the parts are. This will be my first 1919 so I'm not real familiar with them.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,052 Posts
I'm not a 07/02. I'm getting a complete semi auto and all parts needed to make it full auto. I'm not sure what it all the parts are. This will be my first 1919 so I'm not real familiar with them.
You are an 01/SOT, I presume then?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,052 Posts
I would seriously consider MG08's offer for a ready-to-go post sample. If you prefer to convert your semi, the post-sample registered bolt that GBYENKO recommends is a good way to go. But you still need to acquire one already registered via the demo letter. But it does allow you to maintain the semi auto status of the gun you are currently acquiring. You are merely swapping a couple of parts to go from semi operation to your post sample configuration.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've done this a few times. If you can get a demo letter I can help you. I have a set of internals ready to go. Just message me for info that'll need to be on letter.

But buying one ready to go like mg08 offers is better option. Save the semi for making money.

·
11,222 Posts
What is a demo letter?

Iress,
I hate to make this so blunt, but some of these conversations are well above your pay grade. this is a conversation for those with Federal Firearms Licenses ONLY.

for others too: If you do not have an 01 or 07 License, stay away from this thread.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What Rory is so succinctly saying is that current federal law prevents anyone without an appropriate license to manufacture MGs and /or Possess MGs manufactured after May 19th 1986. Even dealers must have a letter from an appropriate agency requesting a demonstration of that particular model to be allowed to transfer the "post may dealer sample" MG from a manufacturer who could actually make the MG. So taking your semi gun, converting it to a FA model would preclude you from getting it back unless you were a FFL /SOT and had a letter from a LEA requesting that you demonstrate for sale that model of the MG. Continued possession by you is contingent on you retaining your license status. In other words, give up or lose your FFL/SOT, and you must dump any post may dealer dales samples. There are lot more details, and subtleties to this whole subject, but the bottom line is there is no cheap and easy way to get an MG.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,052 Posts
Iress,
I hate to make this so blunt, but some of these conversations are well above your pay grade. this is a conversation for those with Federal Firearms Licenses ONLY.

for others too: If you do not have an 01 or 07 License, stay away from this thread.
Rory, well said. And I would add to the 01 or 07 FFL, this is for those who supplement their license with the annual Special Occupational Tax.

MG08 snuck in there while I was typing. Hat's off to him for that explanation as well.

Reactions: GBYENKO and Rory
1 - 17 of 17 Posts