1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Didn't even notice it was on a tripod from the video thumbnail.
My eyes are old but not THAT old yet lol like Frank Lloyd Wright said :God is in the details"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Okay, sorry for not posting anything in a while, but I just found the chance to test the 1917 with the new springs. Nothing has changed. I may get 1 or 2 rounds and that's it. The belt hold pawl (BHP) seems to be stopping the the belt from advancing in the feed tray. It does not go down flush with the feed tray when pushed down. I also noticed a buildup of brass on the top left lip of the cartridge guide on the front of the bolt. Like the case head has to drag over the lip to get in position for the belt extractor.
I haven't torn the gun down yet for further examination, and I do have pictures that I can post or send to someone who can post them for me (new phone that is easier to use).

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Some of the izzy 308 front feed guides are tight in my experience which could be adding to your problem. Is there any indication the rounds are dragging on the feed guides?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No indication the rounds are dragging on the feed guides. Heck, stick a single round in the guide without the extractor and it almost falls through.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I think I've solved the problem. I need to test fire to confirm it.
After my last test firing, it looked like the belt was catching on the BHP, and this was causing the belt to cant and the rounds would get stuck on the cartridge guides of the feed tray. Heck I couldn't even pull the belt over the BHP. After taking the pin out of the BHP bracket, removing the BHP spring and comparing height of the fully depressed BHP without and with the spring, I decided to take a coil or two off the spring. After taking 2 coils off, I put it back together, and was able to pull the loaded belt past the BHP. I then cycled the bolt twice, and was able to chamber a round (if I had let the bolt go all the way forward, which I didn't). The belt didn't cant or bind, and stayed straight.
I now need to load a belt and try it out.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Keep us posted when you test it but it sounds like you found the issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
WOO HOO!
I finally made the time to test fire the 1917A1, and it ran like a sewing machine. Seems the BHP spring was the main problem, and with 2 coils cut off the spring it ran great.
If I can text someone the phone video that could post it here for me, I'll send them the text.
Tried to email to myself, but I couldn't.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Not sure if I can do it but I will give it a try for you. 585 7four9 ate ate ate 0

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Ok lets see if this works? I hope the video he text me gets attached.

·
Registered
912 Posts
@toolmanm203 The way I did it was to down load it to my U tube channel and then copy and past, there probably is a easier way but haven't figured that out yet. I tried to just drag and drop like I do for the photos but that didn't seem to work.
Greg

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
I don't have YouTube or any of that social media stuff Greg so this is a learning experience all of a sudden. I guess it is easy for most but I am behind the curve in the whole tech thing.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm pretty much there with you if it wasn't from my kids pushing/helping I wouldn't be as far as I am. You can send it to me and I can do it if he is ok with it being posted on my u-tube channel. 3six043179zerozero
Greg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Sure am okay with it GBYENKO. Post er up.

Hey guys, thanks for all of your help on this. I was afraid I had a very expensive display for a while. I'm just so thankful it was a simple fix that didn't cost me an am and a leg. I can't afford to loose any more body parts.
Now the fun begins.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
GBYENKO, Go ahead and post the video if you can. There is no reason you can't, and I'd like everyone here to see it.

Few things I want/need to get for the 1917. I need a new cork for the water jacket. The one that was in it fell apart when I shot the gun. Also, how difficult is it to replace on the original plug stem?
The front sight is usable but not great; I'd like to replace it.
I have the red plastic grip, and one of the panels has a chunk missing on the bottom. Not a big deal, but I'd like to replace them someday.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
912 Posts
GBYENKO, Go ahead and post the video if you can. There is no reason you can't, and I'd like everyone here to see it.

Few things I want/need to get for the 1917. I need a new cork for the water jacket. The one that was in it fell apart when I shot the gun. Also, how difficult is it to replace on the original plug stem?
The front sight is usable but not great; I'd like to replace it.
I have the red plastic grip, and one of the panels has a chunk missing on the bottom. Not a big deal, but I'd like to replace them someday.

Any suggestions?
Send it my way and I'll sure give it a try, shouldn't be any problem.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Thanks for posting that for him Greg.

Reactions: GBYENKO
41 - 60 of 65 Posts