1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Try doing a search on here. I have converted several.

1. Countersink the extra Izzy hole, rivet it.
2. Grind file off the protective ear of the sight riser.
3. Gently hammer down the Izzy 7.62n stamp on side plate filling in the letters by pushing the edges of the stamping back into it. Then file/polish off evidence.
4. Either remove the belt holding pawl bracket, weld the widened pawl slot closed, re mill for GI, OR replace with a new made GI pawl bracket.
5. Back the pawl slot in the side plate with copper weld it up then recut.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Yes, it's been done. Sam Alvarez used to do that on some of his builds, very much like what GSG described, and they came out beautiful. I always grind that extra piece off the rear sight brackets, but these are mostly loose brackets I had acquired. I so rarely have an Izzy LSP in the house, this is not something I deal with regularly. But I have done all the steps listed above, and the results can be quite acceptable. The other option is to buy a new LSP from Halo, swap the cams from your Izzy plate, and as another option buy a new Belt Holding Pawl Bracket from moi. But that is a much more expensive way to go. If you are willing to put the time in, you can get a good result by modifying your Izzy plate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If using the trunion from izzy kit, belt holding pawl hole needs to be filled. Sam did to my Saginaw reunion I got from him. Came out great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts