1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct backplate group assembly used by Buffalo Arms (spring, disk or the disk/cone)?

These are the unique parts I have from BA for the backplate assembly that match to my list of marked parts:

Is the backplate disk used in the buffer tube (in the picture below) also marked by BA? I don't have it on my list of marked parts, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

DaveB

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Dave the buffer disc's were not marked at least that we have seen lol. The adjusting screw you have is not for the 1919A4 but it is for the ANM2 and those were marked but usually on the inside we have only seen a few examples marked on the outside. That being said the disc's would be correct although I have seen one back plate with the spring set up but it is hard tp tell after so many tears if they were original or not since parts got swapped/repaired as needed. Russ

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave the buffer disc's were not marked at least that we have seen lol. The adjusting screw you have is not for the 1919A4 but it is for the ANM2 and those were marked but usually on the inside we have only seen a few examples marked on the outside. That being said the disc's would be correct although I have seen one back plate with the spring set up but it is hard tp tell after so many tears if they were original or not since parts got swapped/repaired as needed. Russ
Russ - LOL - I took off the original adjusting screw since it had no markings and replaced it thinking the ANM2 was correct for A4. Really glad you picked up on this. I'll use the disks and install the adjusting screw that was initially on the buffer.

Rustyiron - FYI, Rick at BMGparts has been really helpful getting some hard to find BA parts. BA safety bar and a rear sight bracket were great scores from him. I doubt I'll find a marked safety bar rivet, but never say never. I have 34 marked pieces so far. Still looking for that elusive LHSP. I'll probably have two internal set-ups. I want to get the white (non parkerized) internals to make a correct early BA. Right now the BA barrel extension and accelerator I have are parkerized parts, so I'll use them for the range set-up. How far along are you?

Dave

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a BA marked back plate with wooden grips if anyone is looking for BA parts. Its otherwise stripped, and the grips arent in the best condition. They are the low wooden ones.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
This is where I'm at on my BA builds. Everything pictured is marked BA except the top pieces of the front sights. There are a few other parts that I have that didn't make the picture rivet, cartridge stops, trunion, shroud, ect... But you get the point

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Just trying to catch up here on this topic. I want to be sure we are 100% clear on the back plate assembly markings. There are also BA back plates with Bakelite grip panels, just fyi. But as the pictures here already show the marked plate, aluminum grip etc, there IS a correct marked Adjusting Screw, usually marked inside as Toolman noted, no marked fiber discs we know of as he also pointed out, but there is certainly a marked Buffer Plate, the part that protrudes for the bolt to interact with. Usually the BA mark is on the inside, facing the fiber discs, but one occasionally finds one with the mark one the forward face, so it remains visible when the whole assembly is completed. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lucky - that helps. What I'd like to do when I get time is post pictures of the parts I have to make sure they are all period and type correct. Even if the marking isn't visible and I could use a non BA part, it will always bug me that I didn't take the effort to get it right.

DaveB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts