1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me who made this crank, and where I could get another handle for it?

This was before it fell, and snapped in 2....

Borrowed it from my brother, who was mad I didn't take him shooting, now he is

REALLY mad. Any ideas?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Wow. That is one of 7.62x51's old crank kits, sold here 10-12 years ago. It was all in pieces, requiring welding and other hand work to finish and assemble. You will have to fabricate whatever broke. The handle knob was an off the shelf piece, but it was mostly shaped components, bar and round stock parts, some lazer cut stuff and home assembled according to instructions.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Handle looks to be very easy for any half-a$$ed machinist to fabricate. See if you can get a volunteer to make you one......;)

Maybe Steamer already did that?? :tongue:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, was not sure if it was a off the shelf part. I will just make something work.

He is not getting my Murtha crank, like he thinks he is.....

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Thanks for the replies, was not sure if it was a off the shelf part. I will just make something work.

He is not getting my Murtha crank, like he thinks he is.....
Good decision, lol. That is a far nicer piece than what your brother has, which was sold as the "Cam Fire" as I recall.

LOL, Murtha Crank, My Dad would have liked that!!! LOL
Yes, I think he would have! :D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I did not know MM/C had crank handles - ya learn something new every day! lol
Funny, but somewhere I still have the packaging for that rotating knob, kept in case I ever needed to replace or make something different. I scattered all the components for mine, until I could get it out of CA, all those years ago. Still missing the cam and shaft assembly, and crank handle for it. No clue where I hid them, and they may have been missed and scrapped when I moved to OR. Still have the housing and legs, lol. That was a good plan, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Funny, but somewhere I still have the packaging for that rotating knob, kept in case I ever needed to replace or make something different. I scattered all the components for mine, until I could get it out of CA, all those years ago. Still missing the cam and shaft assembly, and crank handle for it. No clue where I hid them, and they may have been missed and scrapped when I moved to OR. Still have the housing and legs, lol. That was a good plan, eh? :rolleyes:
Well.....it worked at the time! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts